2024 potential late round overperformers

Most drafts will have at least a few guys who perform much better than they're draft selection would suggest. Who do you think will be an overperformer from this draft?

I'll start with a player my team selected; Jordan Whittington. From what I've seen, he isn't very fast but he's strong as hell. He makes up for his lack of foot speed by being hard to bring down; 27 broken tackles in the last two seasons. Plus he'll likely be an excellent blocker, which is the type of receiver McVay likes.

I don't think he'll be on the same level as Puka, but I do think he might at least be servicable. Somwhere in the ballpark of a Ricky Proehl or Joe Jurevicius.

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

Payton Wilson Would have been a 1st round pick but for the medicals.

Not true. And I like Payton Wilson.

My vote is for TE Jaheim Bell. He was my TE3. Also a big fan of the Titans 7th rounders (James Williams, Jaylen Harrell). Spencer Rattler is another. 

Theo Johnson.

He has the athleticism and opportunity in NY to outperform his draft slot.  Not to mention, he was the best interview I heard in this past draft class.  His story is really remarkable. 

On 5/25/2024 at 11:33 AM, LinderFournette said:

I'll throw Myles Coke Edge Texas Tech.  

Dude has all the physical tools to be a good edge.  Just hasn't performed well as a pass rusher in his snaps but for a 7th I think he can easily be a 3rd edge.

Cole is a guy I liked a lot for a late pick. I think he can be a big base DE who also can kick inside to 3T if need be on passing downs, once he actually develops a bit. I drafted him real time as a last pick.

On 5/25/2024 at 1:43 PM, Armbar said:

Not true. And I like Payton Wilson.

Agreed. I'm a big fan of Wilson too (drafted him real time as well), but I think just the fact he is already 24 would drop him even if he was always healthy. That's 2-3 years of development most LBs don't get to account for so his ceiling may be closer to being maxed already. I'd like him to be more stout with that extra time, so he may always be the rangy player that needs someone else to do some of the dirty work to be as effective as possible.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I'm a big fan of Wilson too (drafted him real time as well), but I think just the fact he is already 24 would drop him even if he was always healthy. That's 2-3 years of development most LBs don't get to account for so his ceiling may be closer to being maxed already. I'd like him to be more stout with that extra time, so he may always be the rangy player that needs someone else to do some of the dirty work to be as effective as possible.

He isn’t good at taking on blocks, not really great covering 1-1 despite being great in zone. Got a lot of his production rushing into backfields clean, as NC State ran a weird 3-3 where they were sending tons of people all the time…he isn’t above average reading/reacting…

Again, I liked him as a prospect and wanted the Browns to draft him, but he had plenty of warts on him. 

57 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Simply by virtue of not having anyone solid across from Montez Sweat, Austin Booker has the potential to get a lot of playtime and rack up some stats.  Very physically gifted, just very raw.  

I hope so. Between Sweat and a Dexter Jr. that hopefully performs like the last half of the season, the other EDGE will have almost nothing but single blockers to deal with.  Walker will be the starter but hopefully Booker shows enough flashes that he is the rotational passrusher. I feel like Walker was a plus run defender and a poor passrusher last year, and even in TEN he was best as a passrusher as a DT. Green and Robinson should be fighting or a roster spot, they're both bad. 

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I hope so. Between Sweat and a Dexter Jr. that hopefully performs like the last half of the season, the other EDGE will have almost nothing but single blockers to deal with.  Walker will be the starter but hopefully Booker shows enough flashes that he is the rotational passrusher. I feel like Walker was a plus run defender and a poor passrusher last year, and even in TEN he was best as a passrusher as a DT. Green and Robinson should be fighting or a roster spot, they're both bad. 

I think last year's pick of Pickens is gonna have a great year for them this year. Playing between Dexter and Sweat and coming in as a fresh Tasmanian devil type behind Andrew Billings brute strength isn't going to hurt him at all.

• Like 1