Alex Guerrero has been ya boomed from the Patriots

mission27

I think Brady is too much of a professional to go rogue.

However, I think this will definitely cause some tension behind the scenes, and depending on where he wants to take TB12 after retirement, completely away from Patriot Place and the organization.

He's riding hard Brady's win on the genetic lottery and shilling it like it's his success (well, tangentially). I hate it when quacks like him get such a lucky break and can spout their nonsense like it's actually viable.

I agree with Pats#1; Brady won't riot, but the Pats can lose out on this.

18 minutes ago, LD696 said:

He's riding hard Brady's win on the genetic lottery and shilling it like it's his success (well, tangentially). I hate it when quacks like him get such a lucky break and can spout their nonsense like it's actually viable.

I agree with Pats#1; Brady won't riot, but the Pats can lose out on this.

So Brady's diet and exercise make no difference to his success and durability, despite being 40 years old and playing some of his best football?

There's no reason to think it's all a coincidence. Brady's the only player that follows his regimen, and the only player (so far) to play at an elite level into his 40s, to decide they're unconnected is just bad logic.

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

So Brady's diet and exercise make no difference to his success and durability, despite being 40 years old and playing some of his best football?

There's no reason to think it's all a coincidence. Brady's the only player that follows his regimen, and the only player (so far) to play at an elite level into his 40s, to decide they're unconnected is just bad logic.

I'm not saying it's a definite no, but there's no scientific evidence on the efficacy of the methods Guerrero is using in his triaining or diets. None, zero, zilch. They are a mix of Chinese folk medicine (could be justified, maybe), new-agey "acidity balancing" diet (complete bogus) and "functional" training (again, complete bogus). He has no medical qualifications and when interviewed, he demonstrates that he has no idea how human kinetics, physiology or just simply the human body, works. When questioned about this he just goes to the 'Well, of course your doctor doesn't want to be healthy' trope; he's not better than anti-vaxxers and I bet after enough digging I could even find he is one. He's the Deepak Chopra of "strength" training and conditioning who was lucky to latch on to a genetic specimen.

Brady is a sample size of one and I think his success should in no way validate quackery in training, the same way Gwyneth Paltrow's success in life shouldn't be used to prop the woo she's peddling. He's also playing at a position, where player careers are becoming longer, especially with the emphasis of the game shifting towards passing and enhancing protection for passers; not to mention his playing style never really invited a lot of stress to his body. Let me know when Guerrero can keep Gronk or Jules healthy for 16 games + playoffs (he's working with them too) and I'll maybe consider him to be less of a fraud than he really is. Though I could ask then to demonstrate that they wouldn't stay healthy with a normal training regimen and diet too, so this would also be inconclusive.

tl;dr: A sample size of one success doesn't validate quackery. There is no evidence it's not coincidence.

8 minutes ago, LD696 said:

I'm not saying it's a definite no, but there's no scientific evidence on the efficacy of the methods Guerrero is using in his triaining or diets. None, zero, zilch. They are a mix of Chinese folk medicine (could be justified, maybe), new-agey "acidity balancing" diet (complete bogus) and "functional" training (again, complete bogus). He has no medical qualifications and when interviewed, he demonstrates that he has no idea how human kinetics, physiology or just simply the human body, works. When questioned about this he just goes to the 'Well, of course your doctor doesn't want to be healthy' trope; he's not better than anti-vaxxers and I bet after enough digging I could even find he is one. He's the Deepak Chopra of "strength" training and conditioning who was lucky to latch on to a genetic specimen.

Brady is a sample size of one and I think his success should in no way validate quackery in training, the same way Gwyneth Paltrow's success in life shouldn't be used to prop the woo she's peddling. He's also playing at a position, where player careers are becoming longer, especially with the emphasis of the game shifting towards passing and enhancing protection for passers; not to mention his playing style never really invited a lot of stress to his body. Let me know when Guerrero can keep Gronk or Jules healthy for 16 games + playoffs (he's working with them too) and I'll maybe consider him to be less of a fraud than he really is. Though I could ask then to demonstrate that they wouldn't stay healthy with a normal training regimen and diet too, so this would also be inconclusive.

tl;dr: A sample size of one success doesn't validate quackery. There is no evidence it's not coincidence.

But there's no evidence it is coincidence either. You have to admit, based on all the data so far, it's possible it works. Or at least works for some people.

Just now, ChazStandard said:

But there's no evidence it is coincidence either. You have to admit, based on all the data so far, it's possible it works. Or at least works for some people.

I haven't seen data. I've seen the testimony of one athlete. With a superior drive for success and a history of overcoming odds laid against him by working his bottom off. Sport science is already literred with a lot of bad science and hearsay data. Navigating such a murky field is already a challenging task, letting in the frauds (propping them, even) is not helping.

I'll admit to you, it may be working. But sure as shish not for the reasons Guerrero is claiming it does. And I have a hunch once Brady goes he won't be able to sustain any training success and will be exposed.

4 hours ago, LD696 said:

I mean tbh does anyone really believe Gronk and Jules are truly following TB12?  Those guys are the biggest frat boys in the NFL.

26 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

A buddy of mine seems to think there is a banned substance involved in this. I'm not convinced, but he got me scarred lol

Well, Guerrero was already caught practicing medicine without licence, so you know he's not going to shy away from underhanded tactics. I'd be really really dissappointed in Tom if this were the case though.

25 minutes ago, tonyto36 said:

Well his work hasn't seemed to do much for any of Amendola, Edelman, Hightower or Gronk.  The only other four notable clients he has are all either on IR or been out/injured.

I don't think any of those guys buy into and place as much dedication towards it as Brady does, though. I'm sure those guys do some things with Guerrero, but don't commit to the entire program and lifestyle to the extent Brady does.

His diet, training and sleep habits are borderline crazy. He's extremely passionate about it.; it's definitely going to be his career post football.

Archived