Week 16 GDT - Jacksonville Jaguars @ San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I remember when I said before the year we would win 5-6 games and @Forge thought I was crazy xD.

I knew someone was going to say this lol, so i was prepared with a rebuttal:

Everyone was right. We are technically going to win 5-6 games, so that group is right. We never would have won 5-6 games with hoyer and beat hard, so that contingent is right as well. Everyone is a winner!!! Lol

The NFC West is going to be such a bloodbath next season. Rams aren't going anywhere any time soon, the Seahawks are a question mark depending on what they do with their veterans but they still got Russell Wilson and the Cards are going to get David Johnson back to go along with a top notch defense. With crappy QB play, they have won seven games fielding a top 5 defense. If they get a good/decent veteran QB, then they won't be an easy out either. 

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The NFC West is going to be such a bloodbath next season. Rams aren't going anywhere any time soon, the Seahawks are a question mark depending on what they do with their veterans but they still got Russell Wilson and the Cards are going to get David Johnson back to go along with a top notch defense. With crappy QB play, they have won seven games fielding a top 5 defense. If they get a good/decent veteran QB, then they won't be an easy out either. 

If Arians comes back, they are a great landing spot for Eli

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If Arians comes back, they are a great landing spot for Eli

That wouldn't be a bad spot for him. If Iupati gets healthy then that will help shore up the OL. The NFC West is going to beat each other all season long. Maybe 10 games win the division. 

33 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That wouldn't be a bad spot for him. If Iupati gets healthy then that will help shore up the OL. The NFC West is going to beat each other all season long. Maybe 10 games win the division. 

These last few weeks, I've been thinking about Eli going to Denver instead. One Manning "gave" them a superbowl (it was the defense, really), so maybe Elway wants to try with another Manning. It would be poetic, I guess.

Just now, rudyZ said:

These last few weeks, I've been thinking about Eli going to Denver instead. One Manning "gave" them a superbowl (it was the defense, really), so maybe Elway wants to try with another Manning. It would be poetic, I guess.

Denver is the team he is getting linked to the most, now that the Jaguars talks have slowed down....But another game or two by Bortles like the one he had today, and maybe those talks pick up again. 

I

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Denver is the team he is getting linked to the most, now that the Jaguars talks have slowed down....But another game or two by Bortles like the one he had today, and maybe those talks pick up again. 

I

Maybe with the Coughlin connection. Although Coughlin has been in a good position to witness Manning's regression in recent years.

21 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

If you're Eli, always trying to work your way out of your brother's shadow, is your first inclination to do the same exact thing as him? If he leaves the Giants, my money is on Jax or Arizona or i suppose the Jets. For some reason though, i think he stays in the nfc. Maybe the Vikings depending on what happens with all their qbs

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

If you're Eli, always trying to work your way out of your brother's shadow, is your first inclination to do the same exact thing as him? If he leaves the Giants, my money is on Jax or Arizona or i suppose the Jets. For some reason though, i think he stays in the nfc. Maybe the Vikings depending on what happens with all their qbs

I see Kirk going to denver

9 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I see Kirk going to denver

The only problem is the money. They only have about 27 million in projected cap space. Kirk's first year cap hit is likely to be very close to that.  They'd have to make some creative moves. They have 23 low level free agents, so some of that will eat space, a rookie class to sign, and the roster isn't perfect. The offensive line needs help in the worst way. Some moves could be made, but it would require shedding some talent that still plays well. Most would probably come from the cb position. They can save 11 million from talib, almost 9 from Roby. Emanuel sanders would shed almost 6. 

Archived