Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

The Waste Walruses are willing to move Sam LaPorta in a deal that provides immediate upgrades. So far this season, he has played 6 games at FB and 2 at WR3, so he'll be able to be kept at the FB rate (1 tag) after this season. In theory, a team could start him at FB for 2 games, TE for 5 games and still keep him for 1 tag entering next year. (That would make for 8 FB starts and 7 2+ tag starts.)

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

The Waste Walruses are willing to move Sam LaPorta in a deal that provides immediate upgrades. So far this season, he has played 6 games at FB and 2 at WR3, so he'll be able to be kept at the FB rate (1 tag) after this season. In theory, a team could start him at FB for 2 games, TE for 5 games and still keep him for 1 tag entering next year. (That would make for 8 FB starts and 7 2+ tag starts.)

Oh My God Wow GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Not sure we match well but I’m intrigued 

I receive:

Tristan Wirfs
Kyle Dugger
Sean Payton

@Kingram receives:

S31 1st (WAT)
S29 8th (TOM)
S29 8th (EGY)
S29 8th (WAT)
Sam LaPorta
Bo Nix

I accept. @TheKillerNacho Please drop Kellen Moore, Trent Brown, Justin Whitehead, move Sean Payton to OC, start Kyle Dugger at SS and align the OLine as follows:

OT: Tristan Wirfs (TB), Orlando Brown Jr. (CIN)
OG: Chris Lindstrom (ATL), D.J. Humphries (FA)
C; Shaq Mason (HOU)

Thanks for the talks Kingram!

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I receive:

Tristan Wirfs
Kyle Dugger
Sean Payton

@Kingram receives:

S31 1st (WAT)
S29 8th (TOM)
S29 8th (EGY)
S29 8th (WAT)
Sam LaPorta
Bo Nix

I accept. @TheKillerNacho Please drop Kellen Moore, Trent Brown, Justin Whitehead, move Sean Payton to OC, start Kyle Dugger at SS and align the OLine as follows:

OT: Tristan Wirfs (TB), Orlando Brown Jr. (CIN)
OG: Chris Lindstrom (ATL), D.J. Humphries (FA)
C; Shaq Mason (HOU)

Thanks for the talks Kingram!

We accept. Cut Adam Prentice and place Laporta at FB, start Kool-Aid at SS. Place Bo Nix on PS. Add Charles Cross and start at OT. Add Jerod Mayo as HC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Very interested in your s29 and s30 plans for your team @TL-TwoWinsAway

I've got a bunch of theories about tag management and ways of overcoming certain roster deficiencies. I'd like to test some of them.

Example: moving forward, I'll spend 3 tags each year on the RB position and will get a total of 21 RB starts and 16 FB starts for those 3 tags. I'll only keep 2-tag defenders. And, should Dak have a strong contract year, he should remain a fringe top 5 QB for S29 and S30. That'll help mask some of the deficiencies.

That, and, really, having picks during the draft doesn't necessarily make those picks "good". (I'm proof of this.) I've wasted so many picks on either unproven and unready young players or chasing terrible, farfetched ideas. I've learned that I'd rather use picks to make my roster better when I'm in a position to possibly win, and to sell off when I'm not.

• Like 1