Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 28 - Week 15 Posted)

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

An 11th is a steep price to pay, but adamq just got the 2nd best sim kicker.

I'm hoping I can recoup one by then.. but I like this team so let's go for it. Hoping Dickson can drop 40 punts inside the 20 againĀ 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adamq said:

I'm hoping I can recoup one by then.. but I like this team so let's go for it. Hoping Dickson can drop 40 punts inside the 20 againĀ 

He had the highest 20/PNTS in the sim last year, and, honestly, I can't tell if that's an anomaly. Impressive stats.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, adamq said:

So you want your offense to be stopped all the time so you are punting?

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... I don't think that's the rationale behind punting.

Just how it trends in the sim. The worst teams usually have higher rated punters from Nacho's weighting and it isn't simply from quantity of punts.

Just now, LAOJoe said:

Just how it trends in the sim. The worst teams usually have higher rated punters from Nacho's weighting and it isn't simply from quantity of punts.

Well, I didn't reference the quantity of punts. I referenced 20/PNTS, which considers the numbers of punts and the number of punts within the 20. Dickson had the 5th most punts and absolutely killed with punts in 20 (40), which seems to imply that he was accurate.

And, for the record, my team was terrible last season and none of my three punters excelled in 20/PNTS. If your punter is (unfortunately) forced to take the field past the 50, you want him pinning them deep. Dickson appears to have accomplished that last season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Well, I didn't reference the quantity of punts. I referenced 20/PNTS, which considers the numbers of punts and the number of punts within the 20. Dickson had the 5th most punts and absolutely killed with punts in 20 (40), which seems to imply that he was accurate.

And, for the record, my team was terrible last season and none of my three punters excelled in 20/PNTS. If your punter is (unfortunately) forced to take the field past the 50, you want him pinning them deep. Dickson appears to have accomplished that last season.

@adamqreally got both my guys lol from last year.Ā 
Ā 

NFC West bros. Honestly, My team was snake bitten. Ungodly TOs and really bad luck. Special teams balled out.. i had some of the worse back breaking Tos ever. My d couldnā€™t stop anyone when it mattered.Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

An 11th is a steep price to pay, but adamq just got the 2nd best sim kicker.

I would have taken the 12th to fill in my picks better next year but I can still do something about that later and I prefer the earlier double picks in even years since we have more data available. It's more of a crapshoot in odd years.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I would have taken the 12th to fill in my picks better next year but I can still do something about that later and I prefer the earlier double picks in even years since we have more data available. It's more of a crapshoot in odd years.

Early double picks have crazy value. From a straight value perspective, you killed in that deal.