2025 Mock Draft Simulation? Oh yes

Posted (edited)

Definitely too early for a mock. The allure of the simulator draws me back. I know people seem to prefer limited threads be started, and when they are, that they go on forever ;)

Indulging myself with this mock, as the Steelers bid goodbye to Najee Harris and Cam Heyward after the season…sad but it’s a business.

14. Deone Walker DT  Kentucky

46. Tyler Onyedim DT Iowa State

78. Damien Martinez RB Miami (FL)

111. Quinn Ewers QB Texas

143. Joshua Gray OG Oregon State

146. Jordan Burch Edge Oregon

196.Ricky White WR UNLV

200.Kobe Savage SOregon

201.Azareye'h Thomas CB Florida State

206. Jalen Travis OT  Princeton

Edited by rlon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

Deone Walker is found eating children for him to fall outside the top 5 🙂

LOL…a little too tall might be a concern in the middle. 

1 hour ago, rlon said:

LOL…a little too tall might be a concern in the middle. 

No chance that’ll be a knock on him. The only DTs with that concern are pluggers, and Walker is no plugger. He’s more Albert Haynesworth or John Henderson than Casey Hampton or Vince Wilfork.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

No chance that’ll be a knock on him. The only DTs with that concern are pluggers, and Walker is no plugger. He’s more Albert Haynesworth or John Henderson than Casey Hampton or Vince Wilfork.

Well, maybe he bites his girlfriend a month before the draft…

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I kinda like taller interior guys too. I think something they bring to a defense that’s really nice is it’s easier for them to keep the LB’s clean. My concern comes down to pad level. Hampton and Wilfork’s shorter stature really helped them here, but they were never able to be better pass rushers like Haynesworth or Henderson because they had issues getting unlatched from OL.

Currently, I prefer M.Graham to D.Walker, but willing to have his play change my mind.
He's so huge, he should be dominating even more (Walker).

M.Starks could absolutely blow up and be dominant. 

I do think this could be a big DL draft for us (depending on what happens with Wilson and Fields, of course).

• 3 weeks later...

I did one: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft

14.  Mason Graham, DT, Michigan
45.  Xavier Nwankpa, S, Iowa
78.  Nicholas Singleton, RB, Penn State
111.  Yahya Black, DT, Iowa
143.  Riley Leonard, QB, Duke
146.  Colbie Young, WR, Georgia
195.  Will Howard, QB, Ohio State
199.  Tyler Van Dyke, QB, Wisconsin
200.  Xavier Restrepo, WR, Miami
205.  DJ Giddens, RB, K State

I know I ignored OL completely.  That'll have to be addressed in FA.  I just didn't see the value there at any of the picks.  The only time I really considered it was in the 3rd with Tate Ratledge.  I considered Landon Jackson in 2 over Xavier, and Zy Alexander (CB) in 3 over Singleton.  

The first time I started one of these, I got that behemoth Deone Walker in 1.  This time Graham is the one that slid.  I prefer 6'6" to 6'3", but I also prefer 318 to 348.