Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

12 hours ago, pwny said:

With the way that game started, with those BS bloop hits, I thought we were gonna see Hamels get chased out by the 5th or 6th. Instead, COMPLETE GAME.

He was so damn efficient between the 1st and 9th innings.  The 4 pitch 2nd inning was beautiful.  This guy could be playing himself into getting his option picked up for next year.  I realize Yu will theoretically be healthy, Smyly will theoretically be healthy, Montgomery will still want to start, Shatwood could figure out what is going on between his ears, etc, but I don't know how you decline Hamels's option if he keeps this up.  

Also beautiful?  The offense showing up again. 

20 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Mills looked solid too. I don't expect him to be that good every time, but much rather see him than Chatwood going foward. 

It was a tremendous outing for Mills.  You don't expect much from a spot start of a AAAA player, but Mills delivered.  Montgomery is gonna be back this week, so Mills shouldn't be needed again unless we have another injury in the rotation (knocks on wood) or Joe just wants to give everyone an extra day of rest.  

Another 2 hits for Daniel Murphy, including what should have been the game winning bomb in the 8th.  Again, how the hell did this kind of a bat fall in the Cubs' laps?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pwny said:

I just wish Murphy had handled the whole questioning a few days better.

What was this?  I must have missed it.  Did he get a question about his "gay lifestyle" comments from a few years ago?  

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Another great game by this team, great series as a whole for them.

First 4 game sweep of the Reds at Wrigley since 1945.  Think about that for a second.  73 freaking years!  But yeah, just a great all-around series.  Starting pitching was really good.  Offense was really good.  Defense was good.  Honestly, the bullpen was the worst part and it wasn't even that bad. More of this, please.