Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

On 9/8/2018 at 7:47 AM, pwny said:

What a god-awful job by MLB handling that rain delay. Thanks for making us burn Jon Lester for nothing, I guess.

Were we planning on starting Garcia vs Scherzer or did we get granted this lovely matchup because of the rain delay as well?

An absolute **** show on the handling of multiple games this weekend, and then the makeup game this week.  Instead of having the makeup game at the end of the season if it mattered by then, those **** are making the Cubs give up their only day off in a month to fly all the way to DC for one ******* game, and then making them turn around and fly out again.  The team is already exhausted, as is evidenced by all the mental errors that they don't usually make, and then they pull this bull****?  I can guarantee you that the FO was on the phone with MLB and ripping them new *******s.  If you couldn't tell, this incompetency has me livid.

Theo made a statement today that he has been speaking with MLB and that "common sense should prevail", meaning that the Cubs likely WON'T be killing themselves to travel to Washington on their off day, just to probably get rained out again.  Not like a hurricane is headed to the east coast or anything, MLB.

7 hours ago, pwny said:

Well.... the team looks out of gas and now only have a 1 game lead. So this should end well.

Oh, and Lester had lower back tightness, so you know, things are going great.

For sure.  Running on fumes out there right now, and it's sad.  It's a shame that weather this season has caused so much havoc.  The Brewers do deserve credit for playing good baseball as well, but the Cubs have been at about 70% for 2 weeks now.  

14 hours ago, malak1 said:

Good win during a brutal stretch of games. I’m hoping Q is back to his old self.

His velocity is back, and that's been huge for him.  Theo said he tweaked something mechanically about 5 starts ago, and it's paid huge dividends.  Obviously a really big development for the team. 

But KB should probably just get whatever shoulder surgery he needs.  He's a shell of his healthy self right now, and it's sad.

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

At least it’s not Max. 

Shouldn't even be happening.  If the Cubs win tonight, I borderline want them to take a team of backups and see if they can scrape out a win.  Let the starters stay at home and get a much needed day off.  Nobody can go into work for 30 straight days and still do a good job.