Chicago Cubs Thread - The Ricketts are too poor to pay players

pwny

3 hours ago, Flounch said:

I really hate pitchers, they are injured all the time..

FTFY.  Pitchers suck.  It's bigger than just one country.

But on the plus side, check out former top 50 prospect and reclamation project Allen Webster's work since getting healthy and going to AA in a relief role:

He was down to 92 as a starter in his last go-round in the bigs.  I can't believe nobody at least game him a shot as a reliever.  It's a super SSS, but the stuff being back is really fun.  I add him to the 40 man and bring him up in September.  Kick Cory Mazzoni off the 40 man to make room.

Have to imagine this acquisition means much less Addison Russell going forward.  Maybe even a DL stint for him.  He's been absolutely terrible offensively since getting plunked in the hand in May or whatever it was.  It's not going to hurt my feelings to see Javy at SS everyday for awhile.  Zobrist will surely get more COF reps now as well, to open up ABs for Murphy.  

Or maybe this is a sign that the FO isn't optimistic about KB returning?  That would suck.

3 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Yu is officially done for the year.

I fully expected this from the moment I heard he left his rehab start early.  The good news is that his elbow is fine structurally, so normal rest and rehab should have him ready for ST in 2019.  An absolute disaster of a first season with the Cubs, but if he needed TJS right now, he would be out all of 2019 as well.