Cooper DeJean will be the BEST NFL Cornerback of the 2024 Draft

Ant

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I think he will be a Safety, and a pretty average one in his rookie season. Maybe he plays in the slot sometimes. Rookie DBs rarely make a big impact. 

FWIW he didn't take a single snap at safety during the spring. He lined up at slot and outside, more slanted towards the slot. They'll find a way to get him on the field.

I think Wiggins will be the best one, if he gets up to 185ish without losing speed. Even if he doesn't, he should be better than Emmanuel Forbes was last year.
Baltimore seems to do a good job developing rookie DB's as well.
We still have a lot to prove in that regard.
Quinyon and DeJean are great prospects, but Wiggins was the better player right now, and Wiggins might be one of the few who can run down the sideline in stride with Tyreek. Wiggins also has the smoothest stop/start transitions and 90 degree cuts of the group, imo. Loved everything about him besides his weight and the fact he'll never look like Brandon Flowers vs the run. 

Edited by Jeezla

4 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think Wiggins will be the best one, if he gets up to 185ish without losing speed. Even if he doesn't, he should be better than Emmanuel Forbes was last year.
Baltimore seems to do a good job developing rookie DB's as well.
We still have a lot to prove in that regard. Quinyon and DeJean are great prospects, but Wiggins was the better player right now, and Wiggins might be one of the few who can run down the sideline in stride with Tyreek.

Quinyon was great in college what is he missing right now?

18 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Quinyon was great in college what is he missing right now?

His footwork isn't always consistent, doesn't always turn his head around, and he can get grabby.
Wiggins footwork and transitions always look clean as hell, and he tugs on jerseys less.
Quinyon will take extra steps in some of his transitions where as Wiggins rarely wastes a step.
DeJean has the clunkiest lateral transitions of the 3, but should be able to clean it up and be a good CB.
There's no Devon Witherspoon or Sauce "plug and play year 1 starter" here, and I think the top 4 rookie CB's will all have growing pains.
The DROY will almost definitely not be a DB this year. Probably won't be a LB either. Most likely going to be one of Latu/Verse/Turner/Murphy/Newton.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah I mean by the end of the process it was Mitchell or Arnold on virtually everybody's consensus rankings. Wiggins was firmly behind those two. His weight was damn near a deal breaker for me.

Jeezla scale > Experts. 

You guys seriously haven't figured that out yet? Damn!

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

by the end of the process it was Mitchell or Arnold on virtually everybody's consensus rankings

Kinda like when Okudah and CJ Henderson were >>> Jaylon Johnson and AJ Terrell on everybody's board.
The consensus always gets it right, right Nabbs? Would be totally silly to form your own opinion, rather than agree with the masses.

Edited by Jeezla

58 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

The consensus always gets it right, right Nabbs? Would be totally silly to form your own opinion, rather than agree with the masses.

Opinions are like a***s, everyone has one. It's when people who think their opinion is and will always be the Gospel, it gets in the way. Right Jeezla?

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Opinions are like a***s, everyone has one. It's when people who think their opinion is and will always be the Gospel, it gets in the way. Right Jeezla?

I'm sorry thinking Wiggins is good offended you. 

18 hours ago, Jeezla said:

His footwork isn't always consistent, doesn't always turn his head around, and he can get grabby.

And this is always a ???? take to me. He committed zero PI penalties in 2023.