Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Also Sixers sign Caleb Martin. Very good pick up for them. Sixers having a really good offseason. 

1. I don't know where they keep getting money from at this point

2. I think they still lack some size in the front court. People speculating they could try to trade for DFS or Cam Johnson.

There’s a lot of smoke surrounding Lauri but how much of it is coming from the Jazz to gain more interest in him and drive up the price. Feels like a lot of it is coming from them. I’ll believe it when I see it when it comes to trading him. 

12 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Bridges got exposed this year as the "man".  Don't get me wrong, he was still valuable but the Nets didn't trade him when his value was the highest.  That would have been last year.  And unless you think Lauri is going to pass up more money to sign elsewhere (spoiler alert, I don't), he's not a rental.   But again, let's look at your proposal and compare it to what the Nets got.

Nets Received:
'25 FRP
'25 FRP (via MIL)
'25 SRP (Returned)
'27 FRP
'28 FRP (Pick Swap)
'29 FRP
'31 FRP

Jaz Received:
'26 FRP (via NO/MIL, More Favorable)
'27 FRP (via SAC)
'29 FRP (via SAC)
'29 FRP (via NO)
'31 FRP (via SAC)

Let's call that '25 MIL FRP and the '26 NO/MIL FRP a wash even though I'd say the '25 pick is slightly more valuable since it is a year earlier, but let's call it a wash.  The Nets received TWO additional FRPs that convey in the next drafts, the Jazz receive ONE.  Add on the additional pick swap, and Bridges' package is quite a bit better and I'd argue that Lauri is more valuable than Bridges unless you're concerned that Lauri is going to walk.  And that's not even getting into the fact that I think there's 0% chance the Kings attach 3 unprotected FRPs to Harrison Barnes to turn him into Brandon Ingram.

The Spurs got an unprotected pick swap in 2032 to take Harrison Barnes, so yeah I’d say my proposed deal looks more fair considering the league viewed Barnes as a negative asset. 

demar plays in such a contrasting (not in a good way) style from sabonis, i have no idea what that offense will look like

how many times do we need to see teams form a big 3 that doesn’t fit together at all and lose in the first round before we decide it doesn’t work?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kingram said:

The Spurs got an unprotected pick swap in 2032 to take Harrison Barnes, so yeah I’d say my proposed deal looks more fair considering the league viewed Barnes as a negative asset. 

First off, I'm not convinced that the league views Barnes as a negative asset.  I'd like to have Barnes on the Lakers if it wasn't cost prohibitive.  Secondly, it was more about using the Spurs' cap space both this year and next.  If it only had 1 year left, I don't think the Spurs would have gotten a pick swap out of it.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

First off, I'm not convinced that the league views Barnes as a negative asset.  I'd like to have Barnes on the Lakers if it wasn't cost prohibitive.  Secondly, it was more about using the Spurs' cap space both this year and next.  If it only had 1 year left, I don't think the Spurs would have gotten a pick swap out of it.

It doesn’t matter what you think. The Kings had to give up a pick swap to get rid of Barnes. 

5 minutes ago, Kingram said:

It doesn’t matter what you think. The Kings had to give up a pick swap to get rid of Barnes. 

Or the more logical part was that the Kings needed to send out matching salary to meet DeRozan's contract demands and Chicago wasn't interested in taking back more than Duarte's salary?  Hence the need for San Antonio's inclusion in this deal.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Kings floor spacing gonna be bad with that starting 5

Maybe. It depends on whether Sabonis and Fox can continue to be serviceable from distance. Huerter and Murray can shoot.