Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!

11sanchez11

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lakers do.  Lakers aren't giving up any substantial picks for a jump shooting big man who isn't a good defender and doesn't offer much more than pure shooting.  He's probably the exact opposite of what they're targeting.

Maybe a bit much, but I do believe Grant would play good defense again if he was on a playoff team and had less of an offensive workload. We know he can do it.

He got his money, he got his 4 years of scoring 20 PPG, time to settle back into your natural role of 3&D.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, the NBPA didn't really make a whole lot of fuss whenever he took the haircut in Miami to get him and Bosh in a Heat uniform.  I can't imagine that's happening now.

He took $15 million less than the max total over 6 years on that contract. This would be $16+ million for 1 year.

But overall, they'd move on pretty quickly if they were upset. They'd get it.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

He took $15 million less than the max total over 6 years on that contract. This would be $16+ million for 1 year.

But overall, they'd move on pretty quickly if they were upset. They'd get it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of Wade or Bosh take a bigger haircut?  I feel like it was Wade.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of Wade or Bosh take a bigger haircut?  I feel like it was Wade.

Correct, Wade took slightly less. LeBron and Bosh took $110 million, Wade $107 million.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Consider me skeptical, but if it happens.

Rich Paul essentially confirmed this. If LA can get someone decent to agree to the full MLE, LeBron will take less to make that possible. If not, he wants the max.

Warriors front office deserves so much criticism for how they treated things post KD. Makes the 2022 title even more incredible. The two timeline thing was a joke and didn’t trade those picks so they can build the youth on a team that was never youth friendly. Had Curry entering his prime and didn’t surround him with the players needed. Foolishness to the max.

Even now they refuse to trade the young guys when Curry is still in his prime. Just failed over and over in doing everything possible to make sure Curry has everything he needs to have success. Built that franchise from nothing. They failed him 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Rich Paul essentially confirmed this. If LA can get someone decent to agree to the full MLE, LeBron will take less to make that possible. If not, he wants the max.

Sounds like an all-out press for Klay Thompson.

• 11sanchez11 changed the title to Offseason Thread: DeRozan to the Kings!