Ed Policy named next President/CEO

4 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

One could argue the federal educational policy is precisely why this board is so disastrous though. *green font*

Unironically, everybody should listen to the Sold a Story podcast. It probably explains some of our literacy problems. 

17 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This young fella from the Commanders was reportedly a finalist.  Maybe we can bring him over in some capacity.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-jason-wright-was-a-finalist-to-replace-mark-murphy-as-packers-next-president-ceo/

lol we'd be so happy if you took him. He's botched so many things so far - name, Sean Taylor tribute, etc. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

This young fella from the Commanders was reportedly a finalist.  Maybe we can bring him over in some capacity.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/commanders-jason-wright-was-a-finalist-to-replace-mark-murphy-as-packers-next-president-ceo/

Policy was always the guy.  The "search" for Murphy's replacement was never more than a formality to check off the required boxes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Policy was always the guy.  The "search" for Murphy's replacement was never more than a formality to check off the required boxes.

It’s been pretty clear we’ve had an heir apparent. Murphy will leave some big shoes to fill. The power sharing structure was a bit of a concerning wrinkle just from a structural standpoint but I didn’t freak out because he’s shown to have some decent instincts on bringing in pieces. Where he crushed it was the outside of gameday operations. Huge facilities updates, building up the Titletown district and landing the draft is no small list of accomplishments. I hope he really gets to sit back in April and enjoy the look from above. Policy has been getting set up for this moment for a while now but will have to show he can run with it like Murphy did if he wants to be seen as deserving. 

• Like 1

I think he's going to be edgier than Murphy.  More straightforward, not the aweshucks approach.   Murphy did some good things as President and I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at NFL HQ in some small capacity down the road.  

Policy couldn't have landed a better job.  He's got a top GM, Coach, and QB already in place.  He's been handed the keys to a Cadillac.  I think he'll end up being a great choice.

Edited by NFLGURU

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

lol we'd be so happy if you took him. He's botched so many things so far - name, Sean Taylor tribute, etc. 

That bad, huh?  Okay you guys can keep him.  The Packers reviewed 90 candidates for the Presidency role and this guy was reportedly a finalist.  Not sure what that says about the Packers "search".  Just figured to be a finalist you had to be pretty top level talent.