The Official Jayden Daniels Thread

On 7/7/2024 at 12:24 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Have you guys seen this 30 sec take from Louis Riddick about JD?

So ??? what's he talking about when he says "They haven't had it since he left " ?? HUH, this is out of context. Since who left ? 

On 7/11/2024 at 3:01 PM, RSkinGM said:

So ??? what's he talking about when he says "They haven't had it since he left " ?? HUH, this is out of context. Since who left ? 

Probably Kirk but I didn’t see the whole clip so I’m not sure.

• Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/brian-daboll-would-have-liked-to-trade-up-for-jayden-daniels 

Giants head coach Brian Daboll would have liked to trade up and select quarterback Jayden Daniels in the 2024 NFL draft.

That was revealed during a brief preview for next week’s episode of Hard Knocks, which shows Giants General Manager Joe Schoen asking in a team personnel meeting whether Daniels is worth trading up for, and Daboll answering that he is.

“Daniels: Have you guys seen enough that you would trade up for him?” Schoen asked.

Daboll answered, “Daniels? I would.”

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd wait until the episode actually airs next week to see if this is true. HBO has been using some clever editing in their brief previews for the next week's episode for every episode so far. It's very possible this is true, but it is also possible that it isn't. They made it seem like Schoen offered Saquon a huge contract in the preview for this week's episode last week, but they just edited it to make it look like that.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2024 at 3:01 PM, RSkinGM said:

I went to YouTube and watched the entire video, Riddick said they haven’t a QB like that since Joe Theismann.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I went to YouTube and watched the entire video, Riddick said they haven’t a QB like that since Joe Theismann.

O K, do you remember what he was referring too ? A QB like what? Run and pass or leadership?  Guess I need to watch you tube ! Thanks for your research ! 

On 7/23/2024 at 8:17 AM, RSkinGM said:

O K, do you remember what he was referring too ? A QB like what? Run and pass or leadership?  Guess I need to watch you tube ! Thanks for your research ! 

He was talking in terms of a franchise QB. Basically the whole package type QB.

• Like 1

Quinn said on Friday morning that the Commanders “have an effective plan” in place for the second overall pick and that they are “really gonna stay true” to that plan over the course of camp. Quinn said that will remain the case even as Daniels shows the team what they were hoping to see in practice.

“He’s doing outstanding,” Quinn said at a press conference. “We’re really pleased with where we are, but we’re not changing the timelines or the guidelines on how we’re gonna approach things.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dan-quinn-jayden-daniels-doing-outstanding-but-were-not-changing-timelines

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Quinn said on Friday morning that the Commanders “have an effective plan” in place for the second overall pick and that they are “really gonna stay true” to that plan over the course of camp. Quinn said that will remain the case even as Daniels shows the team what they were hoping to see in practice.

“He’s doing outstanding,” Quinn said at a press conference. “We’re really pleased with where we are, but we’re not changing the timelines or the guidelines on how we’re gonna approach things.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dan-quinn-jayden-daniels-doing-outstanding-but-were-not-changing-timelines

Sounds to me like he’s starting Week 1 unless the wheels fall off.  

• Like 5

I’m still very much in the “wait and see” stage with Daniels. Still very cautiously optimistic as I just didn’t see it with him but so far he’s looked great in camp. His accuracy is extremely impressive and he’s a very hard worker. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed so far. It could just be that there was a lot of good things on film that finally all came together in his final season. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’m still very much in the “wait and see” stage with Daniels. Still very cautiously optimistic as I just didn’t see it with him but so far he’s looked great in camp. His accuracy is extremely impressive and he’s a very hard worker. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed so far. It could just be that there was a lot of good things on film that finally all came together in his final season. Fingers crossed. 

Cautiously optimistic is my feelings too.  I hope he’s The Guy, it is about time it works out for us for a change, and I am encouraged by his work ethic.  

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Jayden Daniels has been named Washington’s starter — for the first preseason game.

Commanders head coach Dan Quinn said in his Tuesday press conference that Daniels has “earned the right” to start the first preseason game, while making it clear that Daniels is listed at QB1 on only the team’s first unofficial depth chart.

“It’s still unofficial, and I’ll let you know when we make final decisions,” Quinn said.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jayden-daniels-will-start-commanders-first-preseason-game

On 7/17/2024 at 9:53 AM, minutemancl said:

I'd wait until the episode actually airs next week to see if this is true. HBO has been using some clever editing in their brief previews for the next week's episode for every episode so far. It's very possible this is true, but it is also possible that it isn't. They made it seem like Schoen offered Saquon a huge contract in the preview for this week's episode last week, but they just edited it to make it look like that.

I thought it was already reported last April that the Giants were interested in Jayden Daniels & thought about trading up to get him along with the Vikings.