Parenting Advice

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

There isn't a good answer if you don't have a lot of relative help.  My wife works from home while also watching the baby, and I take her to my parents twice a week, and work from home on occasion.  But it's tough.

We were going to hire a nanny, because it's not that much more expensive than daycare, and then you at least have someone cleaning your house and whatnot.  But we had a bad experience with the first one we hired and it scared us away.

We would need our family's help if we have another one. They watch our kid every once in a while, like once a month when we want to have a date night, but we would need more. Like you said, I don't know another way around it.

And old people are wondering why we aren't having kids. You can't live on one person's salary anymore!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

We would need our family's help if we have another one. They watch our kid every once in a while, like once a month when we want to have a date night, but we would need more. Like you said, I don't know another way around it.

And old people are wondering why we aren't having kids. You can't live on one person's salary anymore!

Child care is so expensive that if you don't make really good money, it almost makes more sense to just become a stay at home parent.  Where we just moved from, daycares started at $20,000 a year.  In Tennessee that's a lot.  30k was more the average.

• Like 1