Watching the other five 2024 1st round rookie QB's....

5 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

I think a lot of people would consider that a hot take but ultimately, I would say that as just of a chance of being correct as anyone else. It's why I'm so interested in the QBs this year. Historic amount taken in the first round, a bunch of different kinds of potential which is intriguing to me, and most of these dudes will get a chance to show us who they can turn into this year or next (not sure when we would be seeing Penix though). 

Kinda reminds me of 2018, though I would say those were more hyped. Such a crazy path that that specific group has taken no? Baker was one of the ONLY QBs that played well yesterday....but not on the team who drafted him. Darnold hilariously enough the same (from what I saw he seemed to play well for you guys). Jackson obviously turned out to be the frontrunner from that group despite being the 5th one taken. Josh Allen looked near Paxton Lynch levels bad his first season but then became who he is today. Rosen ain't even in the league anymore. 

Just a great representation of the absolute crapshoot it is with these guys and how they will develop or adapt to the NFL

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong and that I have preconceived biases towards some players.

I don't have anything against Nix. I'm just not confident in him. 

Your head coach on the other hand...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, viking said:

I could not care less about preseason games. So Bo Nix feasts in the midrange as a 23 year old against teenagers at college and 3rd stringers in vanilla NFL preseason games? Not exactly 

I'm not trolling - I'm speaking about how Nix performed at the NFL level and it wasn't pretty and not a good omen for his time as a professional QB. NFL defensive coordinators are going to feast on Nix knowing the don't have to defend a single blade of grass beyond 10 yards.

Players can evolve from college but what Nix has on tape so far is exactly as he played in college.

Unfortunately we'll have to wait for week 1 of 2025 to see what JJ McCarthy is in the NFL. As of now we're unable to project how he'll be at the NFL (unlike Nix who now has tape for us to discuss at the NFL level)

I understand this is your legitimate opinion of Nix, but when a poster from another forum is nice enough to give us his analysis of his teams player, maybe it's not the best time to tear that player down.

• Like 3

Just now, Worm Guts said:

I understand this is your legitimate opinion of Nix, but when a poster from another forum is nice enough to give us his analysis of his teams player, maybe it's not the best time to tear that player down.

What?

It's my opinion of the player.... What else am I supposed to post?

ridiculous comment

2 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

You can be more gracious is what I'm saying.  Sometimes you don't need to post anything.

Perhaps this was one of those times nothing needed to be posted? The whole conversation has been about football, about the play of football players. Everything was posted graciously and it's good that we have a different opinion or the forum wouldn't exist.

Join the football discussion or move along.

Jerod Mayo:  “It’s not a secret, we have a quarterback in the wings that needs to continue to develop. Normally, I would say the starter gets, let’s say, 95 percent of the reps and the backup doesn’t. With this, it’s a little bit different. We had a conversation, how do we — I guess the struggle is, how do you get your starting quarterback prepared for the game and also continue to develop the guy in the background, which is Drake?"

"So, it is like a 70-30 split [of reps]. We’re very thoughtful. When we talk about how we have a development plan for Drake, that’s part of it. I try not to get too deep into what that plan actually looks like, but Maye still takes reps with the starters. He does a good job on the scout team as well. He’s doing a good job, and you can see his confidence continuing to grow.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jerod-mayo-first-team-reps-are-being-split-70-30-between-jacoby-brissett-and-drake-maye

I thought he looked good considering the exotic blitzes Todd Bowles was throwing at him.

He only took 1 shot deep down field to Terry which was a miss. The rest were short, get the ball out his hands type plays.

Tampa ran a lot of man-to-man.

We should hopefully get to see more passing vs the Giants in intermediate to longer throws, if the protection is there.

His running is like advertised. The dude is pretty fast.

I was skeptical at first on his speed because of the speed difference between college to the Pros.

The dude is pretty darn fast.

If the Pass Defense had played even average vs the Bucs? He might have been able to get a W. But it was horrible.

But credit to Baker Mayfield, too.

He looks better, than I've ever seen him. 

By the way....nice win vs Giants.

Hopefully, we can keep something similar come Sunday.

Good luck this weekend. 👍 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and to you guys also.

let's keep burying the Giants in the loss column. the more QB needy teams drafting ahead of us next year, the better.

Yes, I agree.

Plus, if the Giants can get in the hole early? They might switch to Drew Lock & maybe we can get some help from them in stealing a couple wins they have no business winning from other NFC opponents. We can only hope...

• Like 1