Greg Zuerlein placed on IR

RamRod

This came out of nowhere and is a huge blow to this team. I was looking forward so much for him to break David Akers' record. He only needed 8 more points with two whole games to go. It was practically in the bag. Don't have high expectations for Ficken, I'll be fine as long as he doesn't cost us. 

5 minutes ago, Boboso20 said:

Every time we lined up for a FG I knew it would be good. Even that 60 yarder he missed I was positive it would be good. 

It might just be me but I’m scared. This better not cost us in the playoffs 

I felt like he had a chance with that 60+ yarder but I wouldn't say I was positive. Take that away and his only miss was the 30-something yarder against the Seahawks in week 5. He's been basically automatic.

And I'm bummed he won't get that record. I know it's just a record and the fact that he won't be playing is more important but that was a big record to have. He would likely have had the second highest scoring season of anybody only behind that historic season that LaDanian Tomlinson had in 2006.

Wow, we tried out everyone:

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles-rams/post/_/id/37006/how-the-playoff-bound-rams-scrambled-to-replace-the-nfls-best-kicker

There was a 2016 second-round pick in Roberto Aguayo, a nine-year veteran in Dan Carpenter, a couple of recent Los Angeles Chargers in Travis Coons and Younghoe Koo, and others with NFL experience like Andrew Franks, Garrett Hartley and Jason Myers. Ultimately, the first-place Rams went with Sam Ficken, a former Penn State kicker who went undrafted in 2015, has never kicked in a regular-season game and was working as a broker-dealer in Greenwich, Connecticut.

I trust Fassel's judgment. He has a great eye for these things.

Archived