Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

The relationship with Aiyuk and Daniels has been high profile to say the least, and he has teased the Washington Commanders as a preferred landing spot, even showing video of some sort of organized activity with the team.  

Do you want to see the Commanders trading for Aiyuk?  What would you be willing to trade to land him?  

Loaded question in the sense of... would he be nice to have? Hell yes. Do I want him for what it will take to get him? No, I don't think so. 

• Like 2

Talk of "only" a first round pick being required. I am more than good on passing that deal. Our 1st is far more valuable to the future than a WR that wants a big payday. 

Now if the price tag is closer to 2 3rds, I'd consider it. Especially with his familiarity with Daniels. 

I wish Jayden Daniels was friends with a premier LT that wanted to come here. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Loaded question in the sense of... would he be nice to have? Hell yes. Do I want him for what it will take to get him? No, I don't think so. 

It’s not worth it to spend assets as far as the draft pick, and the cap space to sign him.  

Besides Santana Moss, that really hasn’t worked out for us in the past.  It’s bad asset management.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It’s not worth it to spend assets as far as the draft pick, and the cap space to sign him.  

Besides Santana Moss, that really hasn’t worked out for us in the past.  It’s bad asset management.  

Moss was a trade , a GREAT trade I might add. We swap Laveranues Coles for Moss. 

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Moss was a trade , a GREAT trade I might add. We swap Laveranues Coles for Moss. 

Did we give him the big contract after the fact, or did we wait a couple years to extend him?  I can’t remember. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Did we give him the big contract after the fact, or did we wait a couple years to extend him?  I can’t remember. 

we signed him to a six year $31 mill deal in 2005, the year we acquired him . Then a 3 year $15 mil deal in 2011 . For reference, the Cap was $85.5 mill in 2005 ,

Edited by RSkinGM
more info

I don’t want them to trade for Aiyuk but if they did it, I would hope it works out.

There’s just something about having to trade picks for a player and pay them around $30 mil that I don’t think is a good idea.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

we signed him to a six year $31 mill deal in 2005, the year we acquired him . Then a 3 year $15 mil deal in 2011 . For reference, the Cap was $85.5 mill in 2005 ,

Yeah, I’m just not a fan of trading for someone, and then giving them a huge contract.  Let me draft the guy, and then sign a FA to a large contract.  

This was a bit different, because Coles was not working out, so there is that.  

I'd do it as long as it isn't a 1st round pick involved

Back to back 1000 yard seasons with Brock Purdy
Great Chemistry with a rookie QB
And Fits the QB style almost perfectly on the type of WR he is

Also if our 2nd round Pick Newton gets healthy and plays to what he's capable you can Flip Allen or Payne at end of season and recoup some of the cap and Draft pick back.

The question that got me on Aiyuk's side on this was how else are we getting a player of his Caliber to help Jayden when the next 2 1st round picks are most likely OT and Edge

I'd like to have him here, but only if the compensation is reasonable.

Be nice to trade Mathis (Rivera holdover), a 3rd in 25' & maybe a day 3 pick if need be.

Would not trade a 1st, or any major pieces of our roster like an Allen, Payne, etc.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

Be nice to trade Mathis (Rivera holdover), a 3rd in 25' & maybe a day 3 pick if need be.

The 49ers when you offer that:

giphy.gif 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

We can't get an old hippie tydied T-shirt from S F for Mathis . ! He'll probably be a cut . 

What I basically came to type out.  Mathis has no value whatsoever.