Brandon Aiyuk……do you want him?

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Ace, you've been optimistic for years. And you know, I think you actually may have something, maybe. But not yet. Let's revisit this discussion next year. 2024 is a development year for you guys.

Ironically, we gave the Eagles fits last year and have played them tough here recently.

• Like 1

I don’t mind that we aren’t making the deal. I’m always of the mind of the plan. But if something good comes out of nowhere to improve your team for  something you’d be willing to pay at that spot you make it happen. Riggs was a steal for the bills. Like if you believe in your guy it’s okay to help him out. I’m okay and understand the long term as well. But if you see a way making this move fits in long term building around the picks and you trust your scouts you can make it work

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Our OL and WR corp are rail thin. The talent that's starting isn't very good to begin with outside of Cosmi and McLaurin. Our secondary is terrible. We have almost nobody who is a consistent pass rusher on the edges. I think we're at the very beginning of a long rebuild. This roster is rough. 

Tyler Biadasz is a pro bowl level center & was a pro bowler two years ago. You should not overlook the difference he will make on the interior of our OL.

I think in our secondary we have three answers (Chinn, Martin & Sainristil) and two major question marks. There is no doubt if Forbes & Juice are starting or playing the majority of the snaps on the outside that it’s likely to be a long season especially considering bc we only have good DEs but likey don't have a DE to get double-digit sacks this year.

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I don’t mind that we aren’t making the deal. I’m always of the mind of the plan. But if something good comes out of nowhere to improve your team for  something you’d be willing to pay at that spot you make it happen. Riggs was a steal for the bills. Like if you believe in your guy it’s okay to help him out. I’m okay and understand the long term as well. But if you see a way making this move fits in long term building around the picks and you trust your scouts you can make it work

I think if Aiyuk was a FA this past off-season without any sort of tag, he’s in a Washington uniform right now.  But I can’t see Peters early in his tenure giving up meaningful assets plus the cap space for one player.  

• Like 1

On 7/9/2024 at 10:07 AM, Slappy Mc said:

Talk of "only" a first round pick being required. I am more than good on passing that deal. Our 1st is far more valuable to the future than a WR that wants a big payday. 

Now if the price tag is closer to 2 3rds, I'd consider it. Especially with his familiarity with Daniels. 

I wish Jayden Daniels was friends with a premier LT that wanted to come here. 

100 Percent Agree GIF by HBO

I would trade for Aiyuk if the 49ers would accept Dyami, our 2nd & our now 2 thirds. 

They may have traded Dotston to get more amo for this trade. The possibly offered Dotson & some later picks for Aiyuk but SF said no so then we traded Dotosn to the Eagles to get that second 3rd.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I would trade for Aiyuk if the 49ers would accept Dyami, our 2nd & our now 2 thirds. 

They may have traded Dotston to get more amo for this trade. The possibly offered Dotson & some later picks for Aiyuk but SF said no so then we traded Dotosn to the Eagles to get that second 3rd.

I don’t know if I’d give both 3’s but the player is def worth it. I do believe you add the player you’re going to get incredible production. And as long as you get that production then the cost is whatever. But we will see. I’m just excited to see what this team can grow into even though I still worry that we start slower. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they exceed my expectations because the players look faster this year at most spots

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

My favorite part is how much our forum craps on Dyami and then includes him in trades like this like he has value. 

• Like 2

I'm all for dumping Jeremy Pringle & getting Brandon Aiyuk.

The more weapons for Jayden, the better.

Just don't trade away any of our star players & don't trade away our 1st Rd pick.

Other than that?

I don't care what he gets money wise. 25,26,27-30+M. It's not my money. 😂 

As I said before, though. I would advise them to give Terry McLaurin an appreciation Contract extension if they do so. Make him a Commander for life. He's earned it! Sticking with this crappy team for years & not complaining.

If they want J. Chase, Tee Higgins? Do that instead, then.

When Jayden Daniels drops back to pass?

I want the ghost of Art Monk, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders, Charley Taylor & Bobby Mitchell running passing routes vs Defenses.

So go get'm Adam Peters!

Edited by aceinthehouse

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

My favorite part is how much our forum craps on Dyami and then includes him in trades like this like he has value. 

I view him as expendable and outside of Terry & LMC our only WR with trade value due to age & untapped potential. That does not mean I think he's even going to have a Dotosn type season (50 recs, 550 yds & 4 TDs) unless we do a ton of short passes - which probably happens - so its easy catches & YAC.