Jordan Addison arrested on suspicion of drunk driving

tyler735

6 minutes ago, StatKing said:

I've never heard of someone being arrested for "Suspicion" of DUI. Was he drunk or not? They can force him to do a blood draw so there's no way they don't know. 

I am almost positive not all states/jurisdictions do that. Especially if there was no accident. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xmad said:

I'm saying if he just left the bar, went to take a nap in his car but turned the A/C on and never drove he didn't drink and drive. He took a nap with A/C because of arizona's heat.

Big difference between taking a nap somewhere and actually driving drunk.

Folks old enough on here know that I'm one of the ones that is vehemently against even remotely driving under the influence because I lost a family member to a drunk driver.

In the days prior to Uber and Lyft being a thing, a person needing to "sleep it off" versus driving drunk, clearly preferable, but there was some damn common sense involved even back then:

- Don't sit in any front seat, much less the driver's seat.  Lay down in your backseat.

- Do not, under any circumstance, put the key in the ignition.  In almost every state you don't even have to put the car in gear to be considered a motor vehicle operator, all you have to do is turn the car on.  In a number of other states, including California, all you have to do is have the key in the car with you.

With rideshare being a thing, it's honestly inexcusable to drive drunk under any circumstance; not that taxi's haven't been a thing for all of our lifetimes.  "My car is parked somewhere where they'll tow my car or it will cost me a ton to exit the lot tomorrow."  That's an excuse... and a pretty horrible one that in no way excuses putting your, much less countless others', lives at risk.  Legitimately, I've walked home from a town over (a solid 5+ miles) in the pouring rain, in dress shoes because I was too drunk to drive home, but felt the need to be home.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StatKing said:

I've never heard of someone being arrested for "Suspicion" of DUI. Was he drunk or not? They can force him to do a blood draw so there's no way they don't know. 

You can be arrested for suspicion of DUI since they can't prove it if you refuse a breathalyzer which is why they usually do a blood raw. But depending on the jurisdiction it can require a court order or warrant. In minnesota you need a warrant. Smart move by addison since by the time they get the warrant it won't be relevant. 

Plead guilty, get the minimum sentence and if his lawyer is very smart he'll recommend a breathalyzer lock if not mandated by the courts. **** if I'm the vikings I bake that into my next contract, we'll pay you to have a breathalyzer lock enabled and if for some reason you don't feel comfortable driving have the mascot drive you, personal chauffer 24/7. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xmad said:

You can be arrested for suspicion of DUI since they can't prove it if you refuse a breathalyzer which is why they usually do a blood raw. But depending on the jurisdiction it can require a court order or warrant. In minnesota you need a warrant. Smart move by addison since by the time they get the warrant it won't be relevant. 

Plead guilty, get the minimum sentence and if his lawyer is very smart he'll recommend a breathalyzer lock if not mandated by the courts. **** if I'm the vikings I bake that into my next contract, we'll pay you to have a breathalyzer lock enabled and if for some reason you don't feel comfortable driving have the mascot drive you, personal chauffer 24/7. 

He was at LAX not in Minnesota.

He should be cut.

7 hours ago, Soko said:

I’m usually not that big of a proponent for the league being the justice center for players off the field, but if I’m the Vikings, I am beyond fuming. I’d do what I can. Khyree Jackson was killed a week and a half ago. Imagine being this tone deaf? Not even his first incident, dude’s only a sophomore. 

What an idiot. Hope the stupid tax hits him hard. 

Former Viking Jeff Gladney also died in a car accident literally last summer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

I've never heard of someone being arrested for "Suspicion" of DUI. Was he drunk or not? 

suspicion of DUI is when the police do not see you operate the vehicle.

his car wasn't parked in his driveway or a friend's, or even a parking lot, it was off the side of the road at a freeway entrance. so the police finding it and him have a suspicion he was operating it, even though they did not witness him doing so.

he could have had some medical condition that forced him to pull over, but it does not appear he or anyone else called for medical assistance.

so again, there is suspicion he was operating the vehicle, and they presumably also have evidence or observations to feel he was intoxicated.

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

suspicion of DUI is when the police do not see you operate the vehicle.

his car wasn't parked in his driveway or a friend's, or even a parking lot, it was off the side of the road at a freeway entrance. so the police finding it and him have a suspicion he was operating it, even though they did not witness him doing so.

he could have had some medical condition that forced him to pull over, but it does not appear he or anyone else called for medical assistance.

so again, there is suspicion he was operating the vehicle, and they presumably also have evidence or observations to feel he was intoxicated.

Yup.  Pretty much.  If/when the charge comes from the DA, it will be either DUI or Driving While Intoxicated, all purely depending on what the measured BAC was.  From there, depending on the nature of his plea, how cooperative he is in the process, and any mitigating evidence he and his lawyer might able to introduce will determine what he can be found guilty of.  Previous charges aren't typically factored in unless it actual goes to trial under a contested plea, and given that DUI (unless there is injury resulting from it) is almost always a bench trial and not a jury trial, previous charges/arrests for substance-related infractions can still have a factor because judges tend to account for patterns of behavior.

Either way, if this is his second arrest for DUI in California (the California DMV doesn't care or have to factor the court's ultimate decision in their own - and they have their own adjudicating court wherein the DMV is both judge and prosecution), he's not going to be driving legally in the state for at least a year, regardless.  His license is getting a 365-day suspension.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

He was at LAX not in Minnesota.

He should be cut.

Nah you don't cut a potential all-pro WR you throw the book at him team wise and strengthen his support network.

Let the law do it's thing and then go from there.

On 7/15/2024 at 2:40 AM, redsoxsuck05 said:

Strike 2

that only matters if you have talent. it should be 3 and you are gone for a long time but I don't think is.

Hell, what did Josh Gordon get 10 strikes? 

and I know he did other things, but still. 

4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

that only matters if you have talent. it should be 3 and you are gone for a long time but I don't think is.

Hell, what did Josh Gordon get 10 strikes? 

and I know he did other things, but still. 

3 strikes and life in jail was such a stupid concept. It works in baseball not in real life nor complicated situations.

This is about as easy of a slam dunk as possible, when his BAC is revealed throw the book at him and force Minnesota to make him ineligible to drive without a breathalyzer lock on his car. 

6 minutes ago, Xmad said:

3 strikes and life in jail was such a stupid concept. It works in baseball not in real life nor complicated situations.

This is about as easy of a slam dunk as possible, when his BAC is revealed throw the book at him and force Minnesota to make him ineligible to drive without a breathalyzer lock on his car. 

I obviously am not talking about jail for life or even at all.  I am just saying a longer suspension and something like you suggested (the breathalyzer that locks his car).

And I agree with you the 3 strikes in life in prison for drugs or anything is so stupid. Look at all the people in a state like /Michigan that are in prison for drugs that are legal now... that is terrible.