Position Battles: QB1/DE2/LG/RT/CB3/RB2/TE1

14 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

I’d personally prefer Gilmore out of the FA cornerbacks available. He would take advantage of the pass rush

I think Adoree would do the same, and still in his 20s. 

I would be hyped if we signed Adrian Martinez QB, Adoree Jackson CB this weekend.. right before camp 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I would be hyped if we signed Adrian Martinez QB, Adoree Jackson CB this weekend.. right before camp 

Not sure how Martinez hasn't gotten an NFL deal yet.  At least as a camp arm/tryout.  MF is electric.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Gilmore is on the cusp of a HOF resume. Jackson is ok but I’d rather have Gilmore

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Realistic change that Rookie DJ Glaze will win RT position. Munford may be best suited as swing Tackle or LT

AP was speaking very highly on Glaze. He lit up as soon as his name was mentioned.

Let’s wait and see about starting as he did mention Mumford later on. But it’s very encouraging that Glaze appears to be ahead of where he was expected to be. And doubly encouraging for the FO as he was the one draft pick that was universally less liked.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 2:54 PM, Totty said:

Not sure how Martinez hasn't gotten an NFL deal yet.  At least as a camp arm/tryout.  MF is electric.

Jets nabbed him I guess. 

His competition is Tyrod Taylor, Jordan Travis, and an Andrew Peasley, whatever that is.

Rodgers and Travis are locks, and I'd fault no team for keeping Taylor as a primary backup between Rodgers and a rookie, but Martinez should get plenty of reps in preseason. 

If he looks good, I'd bite in a heartbeat. Little chance he's not waived from their active roster due to the above. If he is, that means Taylor or Travis become available. 

Jets QB2/3 race is officially on my radar. 

On 7/16/2024 at 2:56 AM, Humble_Beast said:
  • QB: AOC
  • RT: Munford- I think he is an easy choice
  • LG: JPJ - I don't see the competition 
  • DE: Tyree will start and play early down at DE to stop the run. Then shift inside to pass rush and Koonce more reps 
  • CB2: I think Hobbs is a lock to CB3. I think the rookie Richardson has a chance to surprise and battle Fracyson. Bennett a dark horse 
  • TE: I think Mayer starts but Bowers is used all over and on passing downs 
  • RB: I think Zamir is the primary back and Laube is the 3rd down back. Mattison is used as insurance and to keep snaps down 

I think Bowers will line up as a WR a lot. Mayer will probably be the TE in the base offense.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2024 at 9:57 AM, Bitty 2.0 said:

I think Bowers will line up as a WR a lot. Mayer will probably be the TE in the base offense.

I want Bowers at TE, FB, RB, and WR.  He's a Swiss army knife.

• Like 5

On 8/8/2024 at 11:45 AM, Jerry said:

I want Bowers at TE, FB, RB, and WR.  He's a Swiss army knife.

that's exactly what's going happen. They going move him around and create mismatches. Tae on the outside, Tucker the field stretcher, Meyers and Mayer working the middle of the field moving the chains. Bowers all over the place, offense is talented. If only we had a QB

• Like 3

On 8/11/2024 at 8:40 PM, Humble_Beast said:

that's exactly what's going happen. They going move him around and create mismatches. Tae on the outside, Tucker the field stretcher, Meyers and Mayer working the middle of the field moving the chains. Bowers all over the place, offense is talented. If only we had a QB

I saw a post on Twitter saying he was lined up all over the place.  Super happy they are using him like a Swiss army knife.

• Like 3