Training Camp 2024

Madmike90

29 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

still can’t quite believe our starting 3 WRs for this season 😂

Your comment made me think of the Bears WR groups over the years which, to the absolute surprise of nobody here, made me start thinking of puns.

I'll just leave one here: "Bears WRs: if the on-field results don't make you sick, their Aroma-sho-du"

I'll see myself out, love you all

10 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Your comment made me think of the Bears WR groups over the years which, to the absolute surprise of nobody here, made me start thinking of puns.

I'll just leave one here: "Bears WRs: if the on-field results don't make you sick, their Aroma-sho-du"

I'll see myself out, love you all

Remember when we signed Muhsin Muhammad?

He was coming off a season of 93 receptions, 1405 yards and 16 TDs.

Bears signed him at 32 and he had 64 receptions, 750 yards and 4 TDs for Bears that year.

Pretty sure he said at some point, "Chicago is where WRs go to die."

But these are QBs that played that year LOL:

Oops it was Kyle Orton.  Edit.  I had year before.  

Edited by dll2000

2 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

late in 2009, Aromadoodoo scored a late game td on the Vikings over Antoine Winfield with a torn up ankle. we still won the division that year, but the loss to CHI denied us a bye and home field advantage through the playoffs, giving it instead to the Saints.

they decided to have the attitude with Favre of "cut the snake's head off and the body dies," and well, the rest is history...

dang, if we just could have played that game at home....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Remember when we signed Muhsin Muhammad?

He was coming off a season of 93 receptions, 1405 yards and 16 TDs.

Bears signed him at 32 and he had 64 receptions, 750 yards and 4 TDs for Bears that year.

Pretty sure he said at some point, "Chicago is where WRs go to die."

But these are QBs that played that year LOL:

Oops it was Kyle Orton.  Edit.  I had year before.  

He was correct for a long time. Marshall played well for us but you could argue his best years or at least the end of his best years still died here

• Like 1

1. Caleb. Obviously....

2. The offense in a more general sense. I want to see some plays being made, even if the defense is really good.

3. No injuries

4. Offensive line... PARTICULARLY CENTER (This probably can't be measured until a preseason game).  We (hopefully) have the QB, we (definitely) have the WR talent right now....  The offensive line in general is the most important thing here.

5. Pass rush (again, probably won't see anything until the games.... and even then we'll be running vanilla stuff)

6. The former running back in me always wants to see the RB room produce/succeed. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Swift signing, as all his highlights where holes -I- could have run through, but let's see him get his usage, and see what Khalil and Roschon have too.  The running game is going to need to be functional, if we want to avoid just dumping EVERYTHING on Caleb's shoulders year 1.  Like everything related to the offensive line, much of this is going to be in the preseason games..... but maybe we can see some RB involvement in the passing offense during practice.

7.  Tyson Bagent. Odds are he's going to get some playing time this year. We hope he doesn't, but I'm curious to see if he's taken any steps forward.... I'd like to see a little more mustard on his throws this year, and maybe rounding out as a more complete backup.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Epyon said:

1. Caleb. Obviously....

2. The offense in a more general sense. I want to see some plays being made, even if the defense is really good.

3. No injuries

4. Offensive line... PARTICULARLY CENTER (This probably can't be measured until a preseason game).  We (hopefully) have the QB, we (definitely) have the WR talent right now....  The offensive line in general is the most important thing here.

5. Pass rush (again, probably won't see anything until the games.... and even then we'll be running vanilla stuff)

6. The former running back in me always wants to see the RB room produce/succeed. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Swift signing, as all his highlights where holes -I- could have run through, but let's see him get his usage, and see what Khalil and Roschon have too.  The running game is going to need to be functional, if we want to avoid just dumping EVERYTHING on Caleb's shoulders year 1.  Like everything related to the offensive line, much of this is going to be in the preseason games..... but maybe we can see some RB involvement in the passing offense during practice.

7.  Tyson Bagent. Odds are he's going to get some playing time this year. We hope he doesn't, but I'm curious to see if he's taken any steps forward.... I'd like to see a little more mustard on his throws this year, and maybe rounding out as a more complete backup.

1. Agreed.

2. Agreed.

3. Never happens unfortunately.

4 and 5.  We just haven't invested enough in draft or drafted well enough under previous 2 GMs in the OL and DL and have been suffering for it for an age.  We have had to trade for quality pass rushing.

6. I heard we were in on Barkley.  That would have been an exciting pick up.  I don't understand how we get outbid by Philly who is paying multiple star players.  I go back to saying the cap is both real and fake.  Real, but can be gamed by willing owners.   It is much more about team budgets and cash flow. 

7. My dream scenario is Bagent shows he is an avg. quality NFL starter with some upside and is traded for a 2nd or better in a few years.  Not likely, but possible.  Worst case he becomes a decent to good back up IMO.

36 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

7. My dream scenario is Bagent shows he is an avg. quality NFL starter with some upside and is traded for a 2nd or better in a few years.  Not likely, but possible.  Worst case he becomes a decent to good back up IMO.

For him to show enough to be traded for a 2 he’d have to play a whole lot more than any of us wants to see. 

7 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

For him to show enough to be traded for a 2 he’d have to play a whole lot more than any of us wants to see. 

Guys that look really good in preseason and in spot duty get traded for something like that historically.

Usually to us, Browns or Texans.  

58 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

My dream scenario is that teams have to make that decision based upon preseason games and that Bears never find out what Bagent looks like in regular season action in this system because they don't have to. 

Edited by Bigbear72
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

My dream scenario is that teams have to make that decision based upon preseason games and that Bears never find out what Bagent looks like in regular season action in this system because they have to. 

He plays because of blow outs.  

• Like 1

Twitter says Caleb asked for no tag clause with his rookie deal.  But didn't get it.

It doesn't matter.  Almost all obviously good QBs get big extension after 3rd year and never make it to tag stage.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Twitter says Caleb asked for no tag clause with his rookie deal.  But didn't get it.

It doesn't matter.  Almost all obviously good QBs get big extension after 3rd year and never make it to tag stage.

From what I’ve heard it’s not officially signed yet. 

52 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

From what I’ve heard it’s not officially signed yet. 

IMG-5906.jpg

Per Pelissero about an hour ago whatever it was before, they’re past it. Just waiting on the team announcement now.