49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk has officially requested for a trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

If SF is actually offering $30M a year, the only thing holding him from signing that contract is the Guaranteed number? The only number that truly matters.

Aiyuk has 2 teams that want him on long term deals..  trying to get as much guaranteed money in the contract is a smart play by him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

If SF is actually offering $30M a year, the only thing holding him from signing that contract is the Guaranteed number? The only number that truly matters.

It was reported on NFL Network year Aiyuk has something about the 4th year he doesn't like. Sounds like the guarantee and first three years are set. 

Not sure what it could be about the fourth year. That's stretching it if it's about guaranteed money that far into the deal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

What Garafolo said on the Aiyuk deal - "We're waiting on... I mean, anybody can make a decision at any point, right. Except the Steelers who are pretty much in wait-and-see mode. But the 49ers can decide to trade him to Pittsburgh and that'll pretty much be done. He'll be a Pittsburgh Steeler. Aiyuk can accept the offer on the table right now, which is not to his liking, but close. Or the 49ers can say 'Alright Brandon, we'll make the final couple of adjustments you want us to make' and that deal will be done. Those are the thr... We're waiting on... Two of the options are the 49ers making a move. One of the options is Brandon Aiyuk making a move. Whose ball is the court, err, whose court is the ball in, umm, both. Except for the Steelers. So, those are the three parties at play.

The 49ers feel like they’ve already caved enough and caved more than they wanted to. They have come up significantly from their offer in the spring. My reporting is that they are pretty much agreed to over the first three years of the deal, which is usually the hard part. That’s the guarantee, the cash flow, the APY over the first couple of years... average per year. Aiyuk just wants a minor... not minor. I shouldn't say minor. Aiyuk just wants an adjustment in the final year of the deal, which is not guaranteed. That year is never guaranteed. We’ve seen a lot of wide receivers and agents put big numbers in that last year to inflate the average per year. Doesn’t sound like that’s exactly what he wants there. More of a meaningful adjustment to that year, but still not guaranteed and something the 49ers could walk away from. And that's where the standoff is right now. I’ve called it uncomfortable and contentious at times, I think it’s still that, but it’s really close to being done. That's why the 49ers have said 'We're not gonna make a move and trade him away when we feel like we can still get this deal done.”

22 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Not sure if I am overrating McClaurin or underrating Aiyuk, but I'm easily taking Scary Terry if having to choose between the two

I love me some Terry too. He would be disgusting in that O.

44 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Not sure if I am overrating McClaurin or underrating Aiyuk, but I'm easily taking Scary Terry if having to choose between the two

Me too.  And right now, I’m picking the first round pick and using that pick AND cap space next year to get two assets, not burn it on one player in Aiyuk via trade.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We were never trading for him. They're tearing this roster down and BA doesn't match up with that timeline. 

He's 26. What's your timeline? Lol

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I love me some Terry too. He would be disgusting in that O.

He wouldn't. The 49er offense would operate much the same which means Terry's primary use will come via extended plays and how often he can beat his man after accounting for plays that are specifically drawn up for Deebo and Aiyuk.