WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

28 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Yeah, he also was just adamant that Justin Simmons wouldn't be signing in the NFC South. I mean, even if his accuracy rate is 80%, is that truly good? People put way too much stock into seemingly random twitter people. Remember when journalists/reporters would actually confirm news with multiple sources before releasing anything? People are okay now with being wrong more often than they should as long as they report things first. That way they can say "I was first on A, so forgive me for being wrong on B."

Hell of a stance to take. " If you're right 80% if the time, i don't trust anything you say". Not sure how the math works there, but to each their own. Having that kind of vitriol for someone because they only hit at an 80% clip and share that information for people to have fun with is just odd to me.

I don't remember him saying Simmons wouldn't sign with an NFC South team. I remember him saying he wouldn't sign with an AFC South team, but I may have missed a post about the NFC South

I honestly don't care what journalists used to be like. Too much "get off my lawn energy" with that for my liking. This is what it's like now, so that's what I'm dealing with. I mean, he's not a journalist that gets paid for this as far as I'm aware

If you'd rather wait until something comes across the wire before you believe it, that's fine. Leaves a bit of empty space for message board discussions though. Talking rumors is often fun. That's why there are usually entire threads dedicated to them. This one has dragged on beyond is expiration date though lol

The NFL writers mostly just give themselves outs so they don't look wrong when they are. But the stuff they hear (and relay) isn't always accurate and doesn't always come to pass either. Talking rumors about what may come to pass is an imperfect life. 

If Ricky is wrong, it impacts me not at all. Was still a fun ride to talk about it. It's entertainment and I treat it as such. He's right enough that what he says carries weight to discuss. I don't blame you if you don't want to participate. That's for people to decide on their own

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Hell of a stance to take. " If you're right 80% if the time, i don't trust anything you say". Not sure how the math works there, but to each their own. Having that kind of vitriol for someone because they only hit at an 80% clip and share that information for people to have fun with is just odd to me.

I don't remember him saying Simmons wouldn't sign with an NFC South team. I remember him saying he wouldn't sign with an AFC South team, but I may have missed a post about the NFC South

I honestly don't care what journalists used to be like. Too much "get off my lawn energy" with that for my liking. This is what it's like now, so that's what I'm dealing with. I mean, he's not a journalist that gets paid for this as far as I'm aware

If you'd rather wait until something comes across the wire before you believe it, that's fine. Leaves a bit of empty space for message board discussions though. Talking rumors is often fun. That's why there are usually entire threads dedicated to them. This one has dragged on beyond is expiration date though lol

The NFL writers mostly just give themselves outs so they don't look wrong when they are. But the stuff they hear (and relay) isn't always accurate and doesn't always come to pass either. Talking rumors about what may come to pass is an imperfect life. 

If Ricky is wrong, it impacts me not at all. Was still a fun ride to talk about it. It's entertainment and I treat it as such. He's right enough that what he says carries weight to discuss. I don't blame you if you don't want to participate. That's for people to decide on their own

Maybe I misread the AFC South thing, I don't remember. I don't think holding a self-declared insider to an 80% accuracy rate is a hell of a stance to take at all. Are you often willing to listen to people who are wrong 20% of the time? But in the era of fake news and purposeful misreporting, I guess this is the new norm. I think the main difference is that I just don't find much entertainment in discussing rumors anymore 🤷‍♂️. Idk, having adult responsibilities has probably just made me lame.

13 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Maybe I misread the AFC South thing, I don't remember. I don't think holding a self-declared insider to an 80% accuracy rate is a hell of a stance to take at all. Are you often willing to listen to people who are wrong 20% of the time? But in the era of fake news and purposeful misreporting, I guess this is the new norm. I think the main difference is that I just don't find much entertainment in discussing rumors anymore 🤷‍♂️. Idk, having adult responsibilities has probably just made me lame.

I don't think it made you lame. Just different strokes for different folks with regards to entertainment. I mean, I'm certainly not going to hold it against you that you don't find discussing rumors ad nauseum an entertaining enterprise lol. I have no idea why I'm entertained by it.  Just listening to myself talk about how entertained I am  discussing nonsense makes me wonder what I'm even doing lol

But that's really the key. If you're not really entertained by the discussion of it, these things don't really do much for you

• Like 1

I don't trust any insiders ever.  I judge them by how entertaining they are, and based on the conversations and the tweets Ricky is pretty entertaining.  

Ricky gets enough right to create a conversation and create doubt.  I think the anonymous insider schtick paired with the poor photo shop and a bull terrier is hard not to pay at least a little attention to.  

There's not a lot else going on.  Other than 7th corner, the 53 looks pretty set.  There might be a few decisions along the lines, but the depth of both lines sucks.  

This Aiyuk thing just keeps dragging on though.  It will be at least two more weeks.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

The thing I enjoy most about Rickey is how butthurt the paid ‘insiders’ were getting with him. He had them all shook which is pretty hilarious to me.

• Like 2

49rs are just ******* with Aiyuk's head at this point. 

I think they knew all along they were going to pay 30m a year. (its pretty obvious what the numbers were the moment JJ got paid. 49ers aren't stupid.)

I think they knew they we never going to trade him.

i think it's all a big show... playing mind games and stalling out... knowing they'll pay him at the last minute unless he caves in and signs a deal he doesn't really want.

Edited by Herodreamer79

The thing that sucks is knowing even if Aiyuk signs, he's going to start the season slow and won't have a season similar to 2023. That hurts the team. 

Just a trash situation all around. 

7 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

49rs are just ******* with Aiyuk's head at this point. 

I think they knew all along they were going to pay 30m a year. (its pretty obvious what the numbers were the moment JJ got paid. 49ers aren't stupid.)

I think they knew they we never going to trade him.

i think it's all a big show... playing mind games and stalling out... knowing they'll pay him at the last minute unless he caves in and signs a deal he doesn't really want.

I don't agree with this. I think we were going to get him closer to 26 until St. Brown signed his deal. Aiyuk himself mentioned that he was picking out a new suit and thought he was ready to sign a deal until the market changed.

I think what screwed us was that we waited. Playing hardball may be good in some situations, but this wasn't one of those. We should have extended him as soon as we could have. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, struby3 said:

Yeah, he also was just adamant that Justin Simmons wouldn't be signing in the NFC South. I mean, even if his accuracy rate is 80%, is that truly good? People put way too much stock into seemingly random twitter people. Remember when journalists/reporters would actually confirm news with multiple sources before releasing anything? People are okay now with being wrong more often than they should as long as they report things first. That way they can say "I was first on A, so forgive me for being wrong on B."

Pretty sure he said Simmons WILL be signing with a NFC South team? 

He was wrong about Lamb signing his contract soon. May end up getting the numbers correctly but he made it seem like it was a done deal two weeks ago. Likewise with the Aiyuk to the Steelers report.

Did say on July 30 that the Chiefs were going to make Humphrey and Bukter the highest paid in the league at their positions in a few weeks and that ended up happening. 

22 minutes ago, StevenK said:

So happy the copy/paste function is working from twitter lol, small things in life especially with all the posts for Aiyuk 

Getting a 1 from Washington would be such a win IMO. I would even throw something back at them for that. BA and our 3rd or 4th would be easy for me. That pick is incredibly valuable, unless of course Jayden Daniels just shows out his first year. I imagine Peters is also very aware of this though which is why it's very unlikely to happen. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I heard rumors we traded him to the Raiders, and he's only in Vegas to work in contract details with the Raiders.

With as bizarre as this all has been idk if this is a joke or not lol.

I heard he just wanted a ride to Vegas so he could try out for the blue man group.