WR Brandon Aiyuk Requests a Trade

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Was that ever on the table? That was the package I was peddling during the draft. Their 2 2s in the draft this year.

sorry if that was confusing, I was referencing two trades. One was the deal they offered during the draft (2 2s) the 2nd was the trade I want us to make yesterday (Sinnot and a 2nd). 

Cant help but feel like this is "karma" (incorrectly used but whatever) for the Trent Williams heist. We helped Trent force his way to us for cheap. Now another player is returning the favor. Just like washington, we misplayed this terribly. Probably need to take the L and move on.  

40 minutes ago, N4L said:

sorry if that was confusing, I was referencing two trades. One was the deal they offered during the draft (2 2s) the 2nd was the trade I want us to make yesterday (Sinnot and a 2nd). 

I didn’t read about them offering 2 2s during the draft. If it was their 2 2s this year then that is exactly what I was asking for lol. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Cant help but feel like this is "karma" (incorrectly used but whatever) for the Trent Williams heist. We helped Trent force his way to us for cheap. Now another player is returning the favor. Just like washington, we misplayed this terribly. Probably need to take the L and move on.  

Not exactly the same because we did pay Trent when he was going to sign with KC before the 11th hour, he called Kyle and we made it happen. 

But yes I agree, at some pt we have to rip the band aid off and just come to terms with Aiyuk 

2 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Not exactly the same because we did pay Trent when he was going to sign with KC before the 11th hour, he called Kyle and we made it happen. 

But yes I agree, at some pt we have to rip the band aid off and just come to terms with Aiyuk 

I'm talking about the trade with Washington, not re-signing him 12 months later. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I didn’t read about them offering 2 2s during the draft. If it was their 2 2s this year then that is exactly what I was asking for lol. 

I heard a rumor, but it's possible it was not true 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Take the L, as in trade him for pennies on the dollar? To wherever Aiyuk wants to play?

Maybe I'm just a stubborn SOB, but with the way Aiyuk has handled himself publicly I'd be prepared to let Aiyuk languish, and be a malcontent. If the 49ers win in his absence all the better.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Take the L, as in trade him for pennies on the dollar? To wherever Aiyuk wants to play?

Maybe I'm just a stubborn SOB, but with the way Aiyuk has handled himself publicly I'd be prepared to let Aiyuk languish, and be a malcontent. If the 49ers win in his absence all the better.

Yeah, I think the low road is the way to go here.  Just let him sit, then start again next year.  Only he'll need to play just to have value.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

What does he actually have to show up for so the contact doesn't toll?

This has quickly turned into a no win for anyone.  Everyone waited too long . 

To answer your question, I have no idea, but the less he does, the less value he has.  

So a wide receiver has Kyle in his dog house.  How the turn tables turn. 

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1