49ers Training camp 2024

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

MM thinks there's a legit chance he stays with the niners. Jennifer Lee Chan thinks he stays.

So after all that, we have framework with two teams Aiyuk may not want to go to. The Steelers are out, unless they aren't. Aiyuk is probably getting traded, except he may not. Aiyuk wants to get traded, but apparently not really. 

Two weeks people. And if I hear any lip, I'll make it 3!

Make it 4!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

MM thinks there's a legit chance he stays with the niners. Jennifer Lee Chan thinks he stays.

So after all that, we have framework with two teams Aiyuk may not want to go to. The Steelers are out, unless they aren't. Aiyuk is probably getting traded, except he may not. Aiyuk wants to get traded, but apparently not really. 

Two weeks people. And if I hear any lip, I'll make it 3!

He's staying!!! Well, at least I hope he stays. The team sticking with the 26M price tag, if that is truly the current offer is dumb. Up it to 28M and come to a middle ground and get this done. 

Then get Trent's deal done while we are at it lol. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Definitely seems like he's hurt

Solid player but his injury history is too much to make him reliable. Glad that Mason has apparently stepped up to be our #2 RB

• Like 1

Pearsall dominating.  Jennings dominating.  Cowing is now healthy.  Bell looks to have improved. Deebo 'best shape of his life'.  There is an argument to be made that they can survive without Aiyuk...not saying they should, but there's an argument.  Especially if they get a vet WR in return or some other unit gets bolstered. 

17 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Pearsall dominating.  Jennings dominating.  Cowing is now healthy.  Bell looks to have improved. Deebo 'best shape of his life'.  There is an argument to be made that they can survive without Aiyuk...not saying they should, but there's an argument.  Especially if they get a vet WR in return or some other unit gets bolstered. 

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Definitely seems like he's hurt

Should have taken what we could get for him during the draft. A 5th/6th would have been fine. This was always going to happen. 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Apparently the shoulder injury was the injury they didnt disclose to the public previously, and the reason that Ricky was wearing a blue, non contact jersey all offseason. 

I guessed right about it being a shoulder. 

If we trade Aiyuk, we are going to end up trading for some washed up veteran WR on an expiring contract at the trade deadline. 

We are one deebo injury away from being mediocre at WR lol 

10 hours ago, N4L said:

If we trade Aiyuk, we are going to end up trading for some washed up veteran WR on an expiring contract at the trade deadline. 

We are one deebo injury away from being mediocre at WR lol 

I mean even if he is not hurt, you can argue we are mediocre at WR. 

Have to hope that Deebo and Kittle stay healthy. You can feature Kittle and make him the focal point of the passing game but will his body hold up? 

At this point I’d be happy with Pickens and a 2, although I’m not sure Pittsburgh would part with Pickens. We’d again be in a spot where we’d have to pay Pickens if we made that trade, but it’d at least get us to the point where Deebo would be easy to move, if that’s something Shanny would even consider. 

It seems like the Steelers are not willing to give up their 1, or I think that this trade would already be done.