49ers Training camp 2024

I’m really curious to see what happens to our RB room. We’re probably going to have 3 active on game day and I’m assuming Guerendo will be one of them so he can handle kickoffs.

As much as I like our other backs, I feel like we may try to trade one of them, likely Mitchell if they can get something for him. 

55 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I’m really curious to see what happens to our RB room. We’re probably going to have 3 active on game day and I’m assuming Guerendo will be one of them so he can handle kickoffs.

As much as I like our other backs, I feel like we may try to trade one of them, likely Mitchell if they can get something for him. 

No team should give anything to Mitchell. With Guerendo's KR ability, Mitchell will be RB4 and inactive on game days. He's a legitimate cut candidate since he can never stay healthy.

CMC can't control his playing time anymore. He never wants to come out and it is only a matter of time until it catches up to him. Mason is ready and capable of getting his fair share of touches. Very lethal 1-2 combo. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No team should give anything to Mitchell. With Guerendo's KR ability, Mitchell will be RB4 and inactive on game days. He's a legitimate cut candidate since he can never stay healthy.

CMC can't control his playing time anymore. He never wants to come out and it is only a matter of time until it catches up to him. Mason is ready and capable of getting his fair share of touches. Very lethal 1-2 combo. 

Meh, maybe not. We did get a 5th for Jeff Wilson Jr. Mitchell has experience starting, but like you mentioned, also significant issues staying healthy.

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Agree on Mitchell.

I think his time with the Niners has run it's course and would not be surprised if he injured waived/cut.

He had great potential from the jump but he just can't stay healthy.

I don't think his body is built to withstand a significant workload at this level.

Even as a RB2, not sure he could survive an entire year w/o missing time.

IG isn't ready for the RB3 role imo but his ST work adds to his value which will guarantee him a spot on the 53.

Think they need to pluck a RB3 off another roster.

On 8/23/2024 at 8:00 AM, Forge said:

Yeah, this pick feels busty. Unfortunate. 

Can't believe they knew this was a thing and then still took him there

WHAT SHOULDER 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

FML ...dff's deal is fully guaranteed. Yeah, he's making the roster. Hadn't checked on that

We guaranteed more to Sudfeld before cutting him. I hope that means we won’t be afraid to give DFF his walking papers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

We guaranteed more to Sudfeld before cutting him. I hope that means we won’t be afraid to give DFF his walking papers. 

They didn't want to risk Purdy. 

Nobody in that linebacker group has that pull, I think

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

They didn't want to risk Purdy. 

Nobody in that linebacker group has that pull, I think

Totally get what you’re saying. I think Kyle is going to do what Kyle wants to do though…which unfortunately probably means DFF and Nick Z. will probably both be on the team.

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Totally get what you’re saying. I think Kyle is going to do what Kyle wants to do though…which unfortunately probably means DFF and Nick Z. will probably both be on the team.

I have zakelj as a lock right now, tbh

5 hours ago, Forge said:

He's an ascending talent! 

Really wish we were giving Kingston more meaningful time out there. Get that he's a rookie. Ditto Drake Nugent.

• Like 1