Steelers 2024 Training Camp Thread

20 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

But please post for the 100th time today that the PROFESSIONAL level coaches know less than you

Just taking the ramp straight to Sillytown. They are 100% smarter than me…but since this is your comment I’m gonna assume you believe that means they are incapable of being wrong.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

We’ve given our opinions

No, genuinely don’t know what your opinion is of it as you have ignore multiple questions of mine to come to a better understanding but are happy to share how he is getting work at LT via tweet. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

Just taking the ramp straight to Sillytown. They are 100% smarter than me…but since this is your comment I’m gonna assume you believe that means they are incapable of being wrong.

No, genuinely don’t know what your opinion is of it as you have ignore multiple questions of mine to come to a better understanding but are happy to share how he is getting work at LT via tweet. 

The coaches are definitely not infallible, but maybe take the hint when you're alone in beating this drum so to say. There's plenty to criticize them for, but # of reps in early training camp is not one of the things to be concerned with.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

The coaches are definitely not infallible, but maybe take the hint when you're alone in beating this drum so to say. There's plenty to criticize them for, but # of reps in early training camp is not one of the things to be concerned with.

https://x.com/ASaunders_PGH/status/1820558600680411284

Straight from Meyers Mouth:

“Getting them when they’re young like this and training them to settle in on one spot, ideally that’s what we want to do,” Meyer said. “Right now, what we’re doing is rotating. We’re getting guys so that whoever the odd man out is, he has to be able to play a backup role. That’s our thought process right now.”

Edited by warfelg

4 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will do a sig bet with him.

I kinda hope it isn't true. For one, Smith doesn't have an Offensive scheme to accommodate to Alpha WRs, Aiyuk is gonna get paid ALOT, Pickens will then want the same in a year or two and we will have given up a lot of draft capital. I'll go down on the "rather have Sutton" ship. Pickens for the big playmaking, Wilson the chain mover and Sutton the big target. All bases covered. 

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Meyer's quote is kind of weird to me. He said "ideally" we'd do it this way, but right now we're not. And I can see where @Dcash4 is coming from too. It seems like we're not doing the ideal thing(starting Jones at LT and Fau at RT) because Moore can't play RT. My view is that we care way too much about what Moore can and can't do. He's not the caliber of player to dictate plans, IMO. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Yup. Just totally me alone on this island. Despite the fact that I have shared the thoughts and tweets of well respected Steelers folks like Alex Kozora and Jon Ledyard who share the exact same thought process — it’s just me being wacky. 

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

Meyer's quote is kind of weird to me. He said "ideally" we'd do it this way, but right now we're not. And I can see where @Dcash4 is coming from too. It seems like we're not doing the ideal thing(starting Jones at LT and Fau at RT) because Moore can't play RT. My view is that we care way too much about what Moore can and can't do. He's not the caliber of player to dictate plans, IMO. 

I quoted only part of what he said, but the board thing reads as though, to me, he just wants to feel comfortable with not just the starters but the injury plan….which is what I’ve been pointing to all along.

I don’t think Moore is a guy that dictates plans either but the options are either:

1 - Give Fautanu the RT job without earning it.

2 - Have Fautanu train to be the LT then start Moore anyways.

3 - Have Moore at LT since he can’t play right, Jones at RT, and Fautanu train RT only to earn the spot that moves Jones to LT.

I think clearly the end game is Jones at LT and Fautanu at RT. I read this as more a commentary, believe it or not, on Cook not being as capable as they want. Because if Cook was a capable swing T you just install Jones at LT and start Cook at RT until Fautanu earns it and make Moore a LT backup only.