2024 Eagles Training Camp

16 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Arm strength might be the most overrated trait for a NFL QB there is. He's not below average. Can make every throw. Not every QB has to be Josh Allen/Brett Farve.

I mean just look at this Velocity List from the combine. Most of the leaders that can fling it, actually suck! Never panned out.

https://www.ourlads.com/story/default/Quarterback-Ball-Velocity-at-NFL-Combine-2008-2017/10243/dh/

In case you don't scroll through to 2020...

Herbert was 55Mph

Hurts was 54Mph

16 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Not that velocity is everything, but you really kind of played into my point that even among recent drafties he's on the bottom half of the ledger.  I also like how you conveniently left out Herbert was 55 and 54 and Hurts was 54 and 51.  54 to 51 is not insignificant.

Justin Herbert Oregon 55 (Left) 54 (Right)
Gardner Minshew Washington State 55 (Left) 53 (Right)
Jalen Hurts Oklahoma 54 (Left) 51 (Right)

Not only did he skip half the comparison to Herbert, but neglects that a former Eagles backup, who I have been told does not have a stronger arm than Hurts, is closer to Herbert than Hurts in this metric.

Hopefully Steen is back soon, but we will see if Becton has a chance to impress at guard.

Also hearing Ringo has a legit shot at being CB2 and is having a good camp. Love that the young guys are working for that spot.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

On 7/27/2024 at 11:43 PM, Nabbs4u said:

It is funny to me when Jalen throws dime after dime,  but given absolutely no credit!  ****ty arm strength,  Zero touch!!!🥃

Unfortunately for us as Eagles fans it doesn't go both ways. As they say for TC performances: If a player is doing well, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. But if a player is doing bad, it most likely means something. 

And we all know damn well on both instances. Bradford and Wentz being an example for each. 

So at the moment take it that he's doing better than last year and spring, no victory lap just yet. 

• Like 1

I love the competition at corner, especially with Coop out. I really feel like even with Slay and Bradberry gone next year (likely as post 6/1 cuts for cap purposes or JB traded) we're still in really good shape.

Safety looks a lot better once Brown comes back, I wish we had another option back there, but CJGJ, Blankenship, and Brown are a nice trio to move forward with

Love seeing Nolan Smith, Nakobe, and Devin White active. If 2 of those 3 can break through, our defense could become a top 10 unit. Also like that Hunt and Huff have had moments as well

Obviously Hurts being 72/89 (80.9%) with 7 touchdowns and 0 interceptions is huge. Actually having options over the middle and against the blitz is going to be a nice change of pace

Edited by EaglesFan5-36-81

It's really looking like Rodgers is going to win this competition for CB2.  Mitchell in the slot.  Ringo is playing well also.  Cooper is likely going to miss too much time to really push for one of these spots.  Either way the Eagles will have great depth there.

57 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

It's really looking like Rodgers is going to win this competition for CB2.  Mitchell in the slot.  Ringo is playing well also.  Cooper is likely going to miss too much time to really push for one of these spots.  Either way the Eagles will have great depth there.

You got Mitchell beating out Maddox? I have Avonte getting injured like always but starting week 1?

This CB competition reminds me of the DL we had when we drafted Jordan Davis. He wasn't Starting over Hargrave/Cox!! Drafted Smith, he wasn't Starting over Reddick/Sweat!

I'm sure Howie double dipped for the first time in his history of drafts when taking Two CB not knowing or assuming 1 or both could easily beat Rodgers/Ringo out to start!!

The fact that "might" not happen IS NOT a bad thing, despite people's obsession with playing Rookies just because they were drafted high.

This Eagles Team is Stacked! Doesn't mean we are winning the SB but, Stacked! Players cut from this 53 will be making other squads, zero doubt in my mind about that!

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, CasperX22 said:

I think Ringo has gotten the majority of the work at CB2 FWIW. Rodgers is really playing well though. I think Mitchell takes the slot job as well. The corner position is very exciting this season.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Ringo has gotten the majority of the work at CB2 FWIW. Rodgers is really playing well though. I think Mitchell takes the slot job as well. The corner position is very exciting this season.

Slay is good to miss a handful of games each year at this point. Ringo still start all of those for sure.

9 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

They've pretty evenly split the reps.  Like yesterday Rodgers was with the 1's I. The early session and it was Ringo in the 2nd.  Rodgers has had more aha moments imo.  His recovery speed and awareness has been top notch.

56 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

They've pretty evenly split the reps.  Like yesterday Rodgers was with the 1's I. The early session and it was Ringo in the 2nd.  Rodgers has had more aha moments imo.  His recovery speed and awareness has been top notch.

Right but before that Ringo started out with the 1's three days in a row. And I agree I've read about more flash plays from Rodgers than Ringo. All of this to say I think yesterday Quinyon was the winner at corner.

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Right but before that Ringo started out with the 1's three days in a row. And I agree I've read about more flash plays from Rodgers than Ringo. All of this to say I think yesterday Quinyon was the winner at corner.

Either way I think the Eagles are in a good position at CB.  They could potentially have 4-5 starter caliber worthy corners on the roster and I don't know that I've ever said that in my lifetime even dating back to the Buddy Ryan days.  The best group of corners I can think of is when they had Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, and Al Harris all on the roster. 

What is also interesting and notable is that a lot of these guys have inside outside versatility including at safety.  They could come up with some very interesting sub packages to match up against teams that are pass heavy and or deep at their skill position players.  Lot of speed on the field overall on defense in general at all 3 levels of the field.  Don't want to get too excited, but the defense should look vastly different than last year at a minimum from an athleticism standpoint and has the potential to be really good.

• Like 2