2024 Eagles Training Camp

Just now, IrishHooligan00 said:

Moore ain't staying if he's offered a HC gig and we only offer to up his salary and keep him at OC. 
So, Are you moving on from Sirianni then to retain him? 

Is that even an option if it were to happen? I don't see the team doing it, but also if we were to lose another OC, what would be the point of having Sirianni as HC? What would he even bring after yet another change? 

40 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Is that even an option if it were to happen? I don't see the team doing it, but also if we were to lose another OC, what would be the point of having Sirianni as HC? What would he even bring after yet another change? 

Also how detrimental could it be to Hurts if Moore would leave. Hurts and Moore seem to be gelling nicely and seem to be on the same page, whereas Hurts and Sirianni are just like the coworker you hate but are professional with. 

If we are doing well enough that Moore gets a promotion, we're doing well enough that Sirianni is keeping his job, I know a lot of you are upset with him after a bad stretch to end last season, but that's just not how business gets done in the NFL.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

If we are doing well enough that Moore gets a promotion, we're doing well enough that Sirianni is keeping his job, I know a lot of you are upset with him after a bad stretch to end last season, but that's just not how business gets done in the NFL.

I'm not to sure though, as obviously if they do well and Hurts balls out, its 100% proof how inept Sirianni is. You think Howie is going to cause Hurts to go through another Coordinator and QB Coach change if Moore Leaves...that would be 4 Coordinators / 4 QB Coaches. That's not a recipe for success. 

If Hurts wants Moore to stay and is gelling with Moore I could easily see Sirianni being gone and Moore Promoted to HC. 

Edited by IrishHooligan00

1 minute ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I'm not to sure though, as obviously if they do well and Hurts balls out, its 100% proof how inept Sirianni is. You think Howie is going to cause Hurts to go through another Coordinator and QB Coach change if Moore Leaves...that would be 4 Coordinators / 4 QB Coaches. That's not a recipe for success. 

If Hurts wants Moore to stay and is gelling with Moore I could easily see Sirianni being gone and Moore Promoted to HC. 

Is it impossible? Probably not, but that's just not how business is conducted 99% of the time in the NFL, regardless of personal feelings between some individuals.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Is it impossible? Probably not, but that's just not how business is conducted 99% of the time in the NFL, regardless of personal feelings between some individuals.

I guess the flipside is, Is Hurts the one to blame? He ended up doing his own plays last year like the Seattle game deep pass for an INT that was not suppose to be the play and Hurts ignored it and called his own play.

That to me shows how major of a disconnect between Hurts and Sirianni there is. So I believe that could play a factor.

I'm basically assuming the offense will be good, and Moore is guaranteed to get a HC offer. 

So If Moore ends up leaving at the end of the season, what happens. Is Hurts and Sirianni going to magically fix things. I dont see it.

55 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

The only way this happens is if the offense is thriving and the team still sucks somehow. Its just extremely unlikely. 

43 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya it’s Howie’s responsibility to keep an OC from being hired by another team as HC. What are we even saying?

Who does with the teams I mentioned as example? My guess that in this organization it would be Howie. 

4 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Don't even get it in your head that it's a possibility.  If the Eagles go 13-4, make a deep playoff run, and have one of the best offenses in the NFL, then Sirianni is going to keep his job.  No questions asked.

2 hours ago, CasperX22 said:

Don't even get it in your head that it's a possibility.  If the Eagles go 13-4, make a deep playoff run, and have one of the best offenses in the NFL, then Sirianni is going to keep his job.  No questions asked.

As he should. 

Then it's on Howie to block any other Organization from interviews with Moore for HC. 

He's under contract. Run it back and let 2025 dictate what occurs in 2026. 

It's not rocket science!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danger said:

I mean a lot of the current reports about what happened last year don't reflect well on nick. But I mean you're right. If the team fails then Ben Johnson becomes the head coach.

11 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Who does with the teams I mentioned as example? My guess that in this organization it would be Howie. 

Dude the only OCs that are not taking HC jobs are not getting offers… unless their name is Ben Johnson and that is clearly a different set of circumstances. The guy is just different and wants to stay in Detroit. Nothing Brad Holmes has personally done could have changed his mind if he really wanted to be a HC lmfao. 

Like you said the Niners and Cowboys…. Dan Quinn ring a bell? How about DeMeco Ryans? Mike McDaniel? Robert Salah? I truly have no clue how you can spin a coordinator being hired as a HC as a slight against the GM lol. 

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Dude the only OCs that are not taking HC jobs are not getting offers… unless their name is Ben Johnson and that is clearly a different set of circumstances. The guy is just different and wants to stay in Detroit. Nothing Brad Holmes has personally done could have changed his mind if he really wanted to be a HC lmfao. 

Like you said the Niners and Cowboys…. Dan Quinn ring a bell? How about DeMeco Ryans? Mike McDaniel? Robert Salah? I truly have no clue how you can spin a coordinator being hired as a HC as a slight against the GM lol. 

No one is spinning anything as a slight to the GM. Your just defensive of him apparently. 

I said I wish he could make more attractive for his OC to stay for an extra year if he were to get poached the following offseason, as it has happened before. But you don't also want to be the place where you don't let your own people grow. 

No need to defend Howie here. 

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

As he should. 

Then it's on Howie to block any other Organization from interviews with Moore for HC. 

He's under contract. Run it back and let 2025 dictate what occurs in 2026. 

It's not rocket science!

Almost what I said, but not outright blocking him. IIRC Detroit already convinced Ben Johnson to stay like a year ago. I don't think it's unheard of. 

Edited by Broadway Joe

19 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

No one is spinning anything as a slight to the GM. Your just defensive of him apparently. 

I said I wish he could make more attractive for his OC to stay for an extra year if he were to get poached the following offseason, as it has happened before. But you don't also want to be the place where you don't let your own people grow. 

No need to defend Howie here. 

Almost what I said, but not outright blocking him. IIRC Detroit already convinced Ben Johnson to stay like a year ago. I don't think it's unheard of. 

What OC who has a chance had a HC gig, Especially when you have been trying for HC gigs the last 3 Coaching Cycles is going to turn down becoming a HC? Also If I recall, A team can't block OC/DC from becoming HCs only Positional Coaches going elsewhere or am I wrong?