MLB Trade Deadline Thread

naptownskinsfan

Orioles traded OF Austin Hays to the Phillies for RP Seranthony Dominguez and OF Cristian Pache.  

I don’t understand this one.  Dominguez, even with a higher ERA this month, looks like a different pitcher since April, but I am not sure he’s the high leverage arm that we need.  Pache is a right-handed batter, but he’s not going to bring the offense that Hays did in an outfield full of lefties.  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Orioles traded OF Austin Hays to the Phillies for RP Seranthony Dominguez and OF Cristian Pache.  

I don’t understand this one.  Dominguez, even with a higher ERA this month, looks like a different pitcher since April, but I am not sure he’s the high leverage arm that we need.  Pache is a right-handed batter, but he’s not going to bring the offense that Hays did in an outfield full of lefties.  

Just traded for Zach Eflin.

If no other moves are made at least he’s a viable #3 starter in a playoff series and we can kick Suarez to the BP

17 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Just traded for Zach Eflin.

If no other moves are made at least he’s a viable #3 starter in a playoff series and we can kick Suarez to the BP

I’m not mad about the Eflin trade- we have him under control for next year at $18m- and we didn’t give up a whole lot in the scheme of things.  But…..I am not sure he’s a viable #3 when you look at the other teams we will be playing.  

I’d be much more comfortable with Max Scherzer as our #3, but no telling if he would allow himself to be traded again.  

I am also not sure how much this indicates a willingness to spend.  Some folks have picked up on the $18m, but when you factor in what Hays was going to make next year, and the possibility that Santander is allowed to walk due to the glut of prospects we have, as well as a Mullins non-tender……….that’s Eflin’s salary right there.  

What is also interesting is that the scoreboard now has a giant T. Rowe Price sign at the top of it, it must have just gone in during the All-Star break. 

• Like 1

Chisholm to the Yankees for a package of three prospects including Agustin Ramirez.  Yankees have him under control through 2026 which is a coup for them.  

The Phillies loaded up on their bullpen with Carlos Estevez from the Angels for two prospects including pop-up pitcher George Klassen. 

Meanwhile, Boston has one of the better catching situations and just added a rental in Danny Jansen for a package of three prospects.  

Chisholm doesn't upgrade the current problem (outside defense).  Speed?  His OBP is too low to be on base frequently to make speed game differently.   Too much K.

I can see him upgrading Torres at 2b next year in favor of defense and speed. 

Hopefully, he gets some juice in bat in 2nd half and postseason this year.

Edited by JetsandI

2 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Why does anyone trade with the Rays? I feel like the more than not come out on top. They just traded Jason Adam to the Padres.

Dylan Lesko is going to headline the rotation with Jackson Baumeister and Shane Baz during their next run, you can book that one.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, biggio7 said:

Why does anyone trade with the Rays? I feel like the more than not come out on top. They just traded Jason Adam to the Padres.

Morel and two prospects to the Rays for Isaac Parades.  The Cubs get 3.5 years of control of Parades though.  

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Morel and two prospects to the Rays for Isaac Parades.  The Cubs get 3.5 years of control of Parades though.  

When I saw the Cubs traded for him, I said to myself Morel is in this deal. Such a Rays' thing. Haha

4 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

When I saw the Cubs traded for him, I said to myself Morel is in this deal. Such a Rays' thing. Haha

Like you said, it’s hard to trade with them.  Would have no problem seeing them fixing Morel.