Around the League 2024

dll2000

So, genuinely asking, are the Colts any good?  They seemed like a sneaky good team before the season, but watching them lose to the Packers yesterday they look kinda poor. Richarson is a mess, and the coaching seems even more suspect than ours.  No idea how you face a team who is guaranteed to run all day, and then act surprised when they don't pass. 

Could be a get-right game for the Bears and it seems like a great matchup. Richarson is probably going to feed the DBs well, and the DL seems like they will make life a little easier for the OL and QB. 

39 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

So, genuinely asking, are the Colts any good?  They seemed like a sneaky good team before the season, but watching them lose to the Packers yesterday they look kinda poor. Richarson is a mess, and the coaching seems even more suspect than ours.  No idea how you face a team who is guaranteed to run all day, and then act surprised when they don't pass. 

Could be a get-right game for the Bears and it seems like a great matchup. Richarson is probably going to feed the DBs well, and the DL seems like they will make life a little easier for the OL and QB. 

Greg Olsen touched on it pregame but he figured the Colts would really prepare for the run, not only because HOU gashed them 8 days ago but because Malik Willis was playing for GB. He said sometimes though you over-prepare for the run and you either fail at it or you forget all of the other fundamentals everywhere else. You almost forget out to tackle. You forget your calls. You only remember to do everything to plug holes you didn't a week ago. It's seems that happened to Indianapolis.

Richardson has SO MUCH talent, but he seems to have no touch on his passes. There's a mix of bad Jay Cutler and raw Cam Newton in there. 

The Bears should do next week what I kept asking for last night in the GT: run the ball up the f***ing middle preferably more with Herbert than Swift. They should throw the ball no more than 25 times next week. Of course it won't work that way because Bears, but we'll see.

FWIW, DeForest Buckner suffered an ugly injury yesterday. I highly doubt he plays on Sunday but he's never missed a start in his career in Indy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The Bears should do next week what I kept asking for last night in the GT: run the ball up the f***ing middle preferably more with Herbert than Swift. They should throw the ball no more than 25 times next week. Of course it won't work that way because Bears, but we'll see.

You realize the issues with the iOL arent just in pass pro? When we run up the middle, no matter who it is, its constantly directly into the back of our lineman. They cant get running lanes there right now, because they are getting blown up off the snap. 

If we start moving side to side, it can spread them out a bit (with motion, which we dont use enough of) to artificially create those lanes up the middle. But you cant do B before A right now. Its just not there

I am starting to wonder if Waldron feels restricted on what he can call. Between what Caleb is comfortable with doing right now, and what his OL can also correctly execute. 

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

You realize the issues with the iOL arent just in pass pro? When we run up the middle, no matter who it is, its constantly directly into the back of our lineman. They cant get running lanes there right now, because they are getting blown up off the snap. 

If we start moving side to side, it can spread them out a bit (with motion, which we dont use enough of) to artificially create those lanes up the middle. But you cant do B before A right now. Its just not there

I am starting to wonder if Waldron feels restricted on what he can call. Between what Caleb is comfortable with doing right now, and what his OL can also correctly execute. 

It's worth a try, because the runs east/west from the shotgun for a loss of 2 each time is getting old. The Bears were much better in run blocking yesterday than pass blocking, albeit a smaller sample size (per PFF, for what it's worth). Against Indy, I'm giving Herbert 22 carries and Swift 12-15, and since this moron loves Homer, he can have a few, too.

53 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's worth a try, because the runs east/west from the shotgun for a loss of 2 each time is getting old. The Bears were much better in run blocking yesterday than pass blocking, albeit a smaller sample size (per PFF, for what it's worth). Against Indy, I'm giving Herbert 22 carries and Swift 12-15, and since this moron loves Homer, he can have a few, too.

I’m baffled at the Herbert love from you? He’s an average RB. He’s been beat out by someone every single year he’s been on this roster. You want to see a disappointing Run Game, go ahead and give him 20+ carries a game.

Swift is a better RB and that is agreed on by just about everyone but you. 

30 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m baffled at the Herbert love from you? He’s an average RB. He’s been beat out by someone every single year he’s been on this roster. You want to see a disappointing Run Game, go ahead and give him 20+ carries a game.

Swift is a better RB and that is agreed on by just about everyone but you. 

Who has ever beat him out? He has averaged 4.8 ypc in his career.

I don't expect a big run game right now. The OL sucks. I do not think every running up the middle and doing so with Swift is going to fix it. He's not that kind of RB. He should be used in a variety of ways.