Around the League 2024

dll2000

2 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Dunno... I always felt that there was not much daylight between Bears and Browns.  Bears had quieter, more dignified disasters but in terms of on the field product they both seemed to be moribund for the last couple decades aside from a happy little wander into the playoffs every now and then.  The ownership there seems slightly more embarassing, although I can never keep straight whether he's the truck stop fraud guy or the "on drugs all the time" guy.  Both are worse than "Drives a minivan and umpires little league" by a mile.

I mean if we traded for Khalil Mack and then he freeze burned his feet in Paris and tried to beat up our GM before season started WHILE we are on Hard Knocks and then our coach gets booted from league early into his 10 year mega deal for putting in writing on an NFL server a bunch of his stupidest, extreme and most outlandish private opinions.  

OR Cutler got a crap ton of civil sexual cases and THEN we traded 2 first rounders+ for him I could see your point.

Or traded and overpaid for an over the hill controversial GB QB for 1 or 2 years for SECOND time and then fired our coach 4 games into season.  

We just mostly drafted badly for 20 years and passed on perhaps greatest QB of all time in 2017.  We are stupid and a little poor relatively speaking.  They are stupid AND crazy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Rodgers throwing a game-ending interception….ya just hate to see it.

2nd week in a row too. Funny how that ball was underthrown by about 6 yards and yet the broadcast put it on Mike Williams for not coming back for it. LOL. It’s like they refuse to say anything bad about Rodgers even when something is obviously on him. Sometimes a QB just throws a bad ball. That’s football, and it’s okay to acknowledge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

2nd week in a row too. Funny how that ball was underthrown by about 6 yards and yet the broadcast put it on Mike Williams for not coming back for it. LOL. It’s like they refuse to say anything bad about Rodgers even when something is obviously on him. Sometimes a QB just throws a bad ball. That’s football, and it’s okay to acknowledge. 

To be fair Aikman got his huge deal from espn and has been outspoken more since and before the game he did make a comment about how the "QB hasn't been good" which I was surprised about. However what you're referring to was aggravating. Sometimes it's a bad throw. Sometimes the D makes a good play

16 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

To be fair Aikman got his huge deal from espn and has been outspoken more since and before the game he did make a comment about how the "QB hasn't been good" which I was surprised about. However what you're referring to was aggravating. Sometimes it's a bad throw. Sometimes the D makes a good play

Exactly. That play was no different than Williams’ INT on Sunday. Just a bad underthrow. It happens. Just call it what it is.

I wonder if Rodgers’ history of icing people out who criticize him played into how they addressed that. Almost has to be the case, right? 

45 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

It’s like they refuse to say anything bad about Rodgers even when something is obviously on him. 

You think they want Rodgers walking into Rick Cordella's office and 4 hours later they're fired?  

In my fan fiction version of the Jets, every week Rodgers is just going to purge more and more people until week 17 it's just him trying to figure out how to turn on the stadium lights and snapping to himself. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

In my fan fiction version of the Jets, every week Rodgers is just going to purge more and more people until week 17 it's just him trying to figure out how to turn on the stadium lights and snapping to himself. 

All Ill say is get your enjoyment now, because after SFN in PIT this week (which they could absolutely win) they have Patriots, Texans (at home), Cardinals, Colts, Seahawks, Dolphins, Jags, Rams (at home) before they have to play the Bills again. They could be 9-6 (or better even) before they have that showdown with the Bills again.

Ive been messing around in the Playoff Predictors online, and there are a few teams that look in bad shape, but are absolutely not out of it. Jets being one of those, but the Bengals have some light at the end of the tunnel, if the Rams get healthy they can be right back in it, and as much as the Cowboys fans think its over, they are still right there as well.

Edited by StLunatic88

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

All Ill say is get your enjoyment now,

I will!

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive been messing around in the Playoff Predictors online, and there are a few teams that look in bad shape, but are absolutely not out of it. Jets being one of those, but the Bengals have some light at the end of the tunnel, if the Rams get healthy they can be right back in it, and as much as the Cowboys fans think its over, they are still right there as well.

That's the scheduling equivalent of all those Bears games where Rodgers just does somethign insane in the last second to ****** away a Bears win.