2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

50 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

We have by far the fewest returnees from 2023 season roster. I count only 22 ( feel free to check behind me. ) That's astonishing ! Yes, we can't expect but 4-5 wins this year and that may be optimistic . . We're like an expansion team .

I do think we'll show the second half season after they play together a few games.  

4 or 5 wins? I’d be incredibly surprised if we are as bad as last year. We may have only 22 player returning but there’s a reason for that and we all know the reason. Most of our new players are perceived upgrades over who we had last year.

We had the absolute worst defense in the NFL last year and I can’t imagine that being the case even if our outside CBs don’t play at least average.

We had a bad running game and scheme plus Bieniemy refused to stick to the run, which doesn’t seem like it will continue this year and for as much as I think Howell got undermined by our bad OL last year & Bieniemy’s play calling, Jayden Daniels is a better QB than Howell is.

It’s hard for me to see us losing less than 6 games this year and we’ll probably end up winning 7 or 8 given the good veterans who are good leaders on both sides of the ball.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

4 or 5 wins? I’d be incredibly surprised if we are as bad as last year. We may have only 22 player returning but there’s a reason for that and we all know the reason. Most of our new players are perceived upgrades over who we had last year.

We had the absolute worst defense in the NFL last year and I can’t imagine that being the case even if our outside CBs don’t play at least average.

We had a bad running game and scheme plus Bieniemy refused to stick to the run, which doesn’t seem like it will continue this year and for as much as I think Howell got undermined by our bad OL last year & Bieniemy’s play calling, Jayden Daniels is a better QB than Howell is.

It’s hard for me to see us losing less than 6 games this year and we’ll probably end up winning 7 or 8 given the good veterans who are good leaders on both sides of the ball.

Cohesion though. Even good players need to be on the same page and play as one. That takes time doesn't it. I still remember Joe Gibbs starting 0-5 .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Cohesion though. Even good players need to be on the same page and play as one. That takes time doesn't it. I still remember Joe Gibbs starting 0-5 .

That’s true, I could see us starting out the season bad like with only 1 win in September.

I do think we’ll hit our stride as you said sometime in October or November and end up with a .500 or winning record the second half of the year and come out with 6 or 7 wins in total.

21 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Alright! Re-sign him!

The dismissal actually didn't really mean anything... The two women were previously unidentified and were using pseudonyms. Judge ruled that McManus has a right to face his accusers. They're going to re-file the complaint within the next few days with their names involved.

2 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

The dismissal actually didn't really mean anything... The two women were previously unidentified and were using pseudonyms. Judge ruled that McManus has a right to face his accusers. They're going to re-file the complaint within the next few days with their names involved.

Oh, I thought I heard the women weren't wanting to do that and that's part of the reason it was dismissed.

2 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

In before he steps away from the team and is eventually released. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41165143/commanders-place-marcus-mariota-ir-add-sam-hartman

Mariota isn't an NFL caliber QB. No reason to delay the inevitable. 

I agree with you and @lavar703  That was a lot to pay (6-10 million)to be a mentor to Jayden.