2024 Commanders Transaction/Roster Move Tracker

Some of you seem to think we traded the rookie version of WR Jahan Dotson for a 3rd & 2-7's.

What you should be thinking, is we traded WR Josh Doctson for a 3rd & 2-7's.

Had the dude been kept, he probably would have been the #5 or #6 WR on the depth chart.

Then, when the 2024 season was over, because he caught 14 catches for 135 yards & 0 TD's? He would have been released for....you guessed it. NOTHING.

Excellent job by Adam Peters, for forward thinking & finding players who are scheme fits.

Now, we have additional draft capital for the 25' draft, instead of a non contributing WR.

Or....draft capital to land a top tier WR NOW, instead of having to trade our 1st Rd selection for someone. If that's our plan.

8 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Excellent job by Adam Peters, for forward thinking & finding players who are scheme fits.

If Peters was forward thinking he would have done this before the draft.  Then we could have drafted a player in what was a WR rich draft.

Quinn constantly talks about fitting the scheme to maximize the players.  Basically this trade says, that is just talk.  I am disappointed because I want to see the impact of better coaching on these players.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Except when they you know, dump former first round picks for practically nothing 

What should they have done? I mean, everyone here knows how pessimistic I am but I have no clue what they should've done that would've satisfied fans? Kept him on the roster because he was a former first round pick even though others on the roster were passing him? Held onto him until he had no value at all? A 3rd and two 7ths is not nothing. This is more of an indictment on Rivera for picking Dotson 10-15 picks before he should've been selected. 

4 minutes ago, offbyone said:

If Peters was forward thinking he would have done this before the draft.  Then we could have drafted a player in what was a WR rich draft.

Quinn constantly talks about fitting the scheme to maximize the players.  Basically this trade says, that is just talk.  I am disappointed because I want to see the impact of better coaching on these players.

I mean we did draft McCaffery. It’s not like we didn't draft anyone. Peters called McCaffery the most improved WR in college football last year.

5 minutes ago, offbyone said:

They did draft one. They took McCaffrey in the 3rd round. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Here you go!

Hope this helps some.

Haha. That trade isn't ever happening. 

Hope that makes you feel better Ace. This report actually confirms we won't he trading for B.A. No chance we give up McLaurin or our 1st round pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I mean we did draft McCaffery. It’s not like we didn't draft anyone. Peters called McCaffery the most improved WR in college football last year.

No doubt and i'm looking forward to see him contribute. 

However, if we knew before the draft we didn't have Jahan Dotson, then I imagine everyone on this forum would be beating the drum to either traded up for a high end WR prospect or to get one in free agency.  

The bottom line is if you look at at our WR depth chart, after Terry McClaurin you got nothing special.  I love Terry.  I would extend him today.  But Terry is not a super elite guy.  If he is drawing the focus of the defense all game because we have nothing else, he won't be that impactful.  Hey maybe Zaccheaus and Allen are dudes and I will eat my words.  I hope so.  That would be a great story.

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

No doubt and i'm looking forward to see him contribute. 

However, if we knew before the draft we didn't have Jahan Dotson, then I imagine everyone on this forum would be beating the drum to either traded up for a high end WR prospect or to get one in free agency.  

The bottom line is if you look at at our WR depth chart, after Terry McClaurin you got nothing special.  I love Terry.  I would extend him today.  But Terry is not a super elite guy.  If he is drawing the focus of the defense all game because we have nothing else, he won't be that impactful.  Hey maybe Zaccheaus and Allen are dudes and I will eat my words.  I hope so.  That would be a great story.

I was with you until you said he’s not super elite.  He’s made numerous top 100 lists the past few years.  There are 11 starting positions on each side of the football, and aside from corner back, there are 4 distinct ‘units’ on each side of the football including WR.  Being one of the top 100 players, regardless of position, indicates a super elite talent, and Terry is most certainly that.  He’s making top 100 lists despite rarely having a competent #2 receiving option to take attention off of him……..or an above average QB throwing him the football.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I was with you until you said he’s not super elite.  He’s made numerous top 100 lists the past few years.  There are 11 starting positions on each side of the football, and aside from corner back, there are 4 distinct ‘units’ on each side of the football including WR.  Being one of the top 100 players, regardless of position, indicates a super elite talent, and Terry is most certainly that.  He’s making top 100 lists despite rarely having a competent #2 receiving option to take attention off of him……..or an above average QB throwing him the football.  

He's not top 10 so I'd say not SUPER elite. Just really really really good !😊

3 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He's not top 10 so I'd say not SUPER elite. Just really really really good !😊

He’s 80 yards his rookie season away from 5 straight 1K yard seasons. I’m of the belief he’s elite. Have said so for awhile. He’s done all of this with crap at QB. The best QB he’s had is a one-legged Alex Smith. 

39 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I like the strong Terry McClaurin defense!  Like I said I would extend him today.  But, at least in my opinion, Terry is not Justin Jefferson.  He is not Tyreek Hill.  Davante Adams.  Jamar Chase.  Those guys are at another level.