Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

Correct me if I'm wrong but the highest compensatory pick a team can get is a 3rd, right?

So, if Aiyuk sticks with the niners and then leaves via FA, that is the most they'll get in return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I’m not sure what to make of this one. Like did Lynch finally realize the market is over even what Aiyuk wanted? Shouldn’t a good GM know that? Or did he finally realize teams don’t give high picks and pay at the same time?

To be fair, Lynch does not handle contracts for the niners. Paraag Marathe does. 

Edit-

And if it's not clear, paraag is an egomaniacal ****** (okay, maybe not really, but his contract history is brutal... Dude really wanted to e a GM)

Posted (edited)

https://x.com/dmrussini/status/1822024750044213639?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

The Pittsburgh Steelers have not engaged in trade conversations with the San Francisco 49ers in the last 24 hours. In the meantime, the 49ers have opened up contract talk with Brandon Aiyuk and his agent, as many are reporting.

Edited by warfelg

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If you can't see it, Aiyuk said to the guy who runs thesfniners insta:

Brad, Niners be in the media everyday lol, it's two options out there pick one and stop dropping reports simple

Seems to be hinting either pay me what I'm asking or send me to Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

If you can't see it, Aiyuk said to the guy who runs thesfniners insta:

Seems to be hinting either pay me what I'm asking or send me to Pittsburgh.

Seems to be hinting that the "report" about them having a meeting was not true. Aka another smokescreen by Lynch. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Seems to be hinting that the "report" about them having a meeting was not true. Aka another smokescreen by Lynch. 

Indeed. SD Dave used the crap or get off the pot thinking.

LockedOn Niners guy weighing in:

So let me get this straight A guy wants to get paid his worth. His team refused to trade him. His team stops negotiating with him. He tries to get them to sit down so they can fix it. Nothing comes from it. They ice him out. He demands a trade. They let him shop around. Several teams willing to pay him 28-32m per year. So clearly he was right about his value. After months of icing him out they finally come back to the negotiating table. And he’s the diva? Because he felt some type of way about how they went about it? .. nah lol that was BS

https://x.com/Crocky209/status/1822028800752013314

52 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Indeed. SD Dave used the crap or get off the pot thinking.

Also makes me think maybe the Browns or Patriots were never in serious contention anyways.

Thank you for for indulging in conspiracy theories with me the past few days War 

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

https://x.com/DMRussini/status/1822027316064874923

I texted a front office executive: Q: Why do you think the 49ers aren’t calling back the Steelers? A: Probably wait as long as they can…force someone to blink. Sounds like they really don’t want to trade. Maybe hoping someone else comes along. The whole thing is very strange.

That's a rather interesting something in there. The fact that other teams are confused by this is something.

Edited by warfelg

12 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I wish we would just move on.    This team is not a WR away and giving up major draft resources on top of the huge financial commitment when we have so many needs doesn't seem like something we should be putting alot of effort into pursuing.

Im fine with keeping our 2nd rd pick offer on the table, but the Steelers should say "take it or leave it" and go about their business.   If it doesnt happen, oh well.  

• Like 1