Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

10 hours ago, 43M said:

I wish we would just move on.    This team is not a WR away and giving up major draft resources on top of the huge financial commitment when we have so many needs doesn't seem like something we should be putting alot of effort into pursuing.

Im fine with keeping our 2nd rd pick offer on the table, but the Steelers should say "take it or leave it" and go about their business.   If it doesnt happen, oh well.  

Kind of what Ive been saying the whole time. Its nice to get a solid WR but this is not remotely getting us a Super Bowl unless one of the QBs steps out of his mind with a renaissance of their careers. Not to mention that this team despite some positive additions to the defense still likely has a pretty serious D Line depth issue. 

We might use a pick on WR next year if the opportunity is there, otherwise the Dline - front should be a/the focus in a great Dfront draft.  QBs.. id stay on similar path til following draft. 

22 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

If i'm reading it correctly Cooper is also on the last year of his deal. 

It’s an interesting contract. I don’t think he’s in his last year but next year seems like his Cam Heyward year of so much money restructured you either bite the bullet and deal with it or you extend him to move the money elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s an interesting contract. I don’t think he’s in his last year but next year seems like his Cam Heyward year of so much money restructured you either bite the bullet and deal with it or you extend him to move the money elsewhere. 

Spotrac has everything Voided after this year. 

1 minute ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Spotrac has everything Voided after this year. 

Interesting. So they are in for $22mil no matter what next year. 

Also how about this development:

https://x.com/49erssportstalk/status/1822079878201589907?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

Breaking News: #49ers called several teams across the #NFL inquiring about availability of WRs, per source. 

SF did this in contingency of potentially trading Aiyuk to #Steelers/#Patriots. 

I’m told they reached out to at least the #Broncos, #Raiders, #Bucs, #Texans & #Giants.

If they’ve reached out to the Texans and Giants and haven’t had traction - uhh we might not have a pivot team for a WR2

https://x.com/sfchronicle/status/1822526135168606582?s=46&t=xd5QJpZuXv2k7qD0xqd6aA

This whole saga makes less sense the longer it goes. Now they are downplaying their own leak that they had a good meeting with Aiyuk?!? I can kinda see why he’s unhappy with them in this case. And I can almost guarantee this isn’t the first time they’ve done this then. 

Now there’s a rumor that what Aiyuk wants is enough so that his pay post taxes would match what he makes elsewhere. 

If true this would be one of the first players to make a team pay a tax to keep him. 

20 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Perhaps the niners are trying to get a third into the trade so they can obtain a WR?

The hard part about playing "chicken" is knowing when to flinch.  I think Khan is going to sit it out.  I still think, if they get it done, it will be a 2025 2nd and 2026 3rd plus a player but YMMV.  We also can see the 49'ers go into the season with Aiyuk holding out

48 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’m gonna call my shot…Steelers are just going to sign Aiyuk and Dak Prescott next offseason.

I've been thinking if the trade did go down, but the wilson/fields didn't work out. That we would have to go hard at Dak next yr