Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

6 minutes ago, August4th said:

that Rickey dude tweeted out that aiyuk hasn't been at the niners facility after their latest offer was reportedly offered

also Aiyuk just liked a steelers fan IG story of him being in a steelers uniform

The saga continues....

I saw someone else say that too. All reports seem to indicate that the last offer was sorta a “last and best” type offer. 

38 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I saw someone else say that too. All reports seem to indicate that the last offer was sorta a “last and best” type offer. 

It seems like a case of The 49rs aren't giving what he wants and we aren't giving what they want. Making the option of the 49rs just making him play his contract out as the leading possibility. IMO anyway. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

what other vet UFA's are available at WR that would be best suited for this steelers team?

Wait until after cuts this weekends.  I believe there will be some cut and trade candidates that may not be as sexy as the big dogs (Aiyuk or Lamb), but far less expensive, attainable and helpful. 

or is  it time for another trade?

You have gone this far, so ride it until the end. San Fran will not want the soap oopera disrupting their team.  They still have to sign Williams as well. 

Khan missed the memo to trade for Sneed, but  he seemed intent on landing Aiyuk.

I would have liked to have him, but what he did this offseason, I can't complain.  

If that doesn't happen, I still expect a new WR, just no idea who/when. 

Not sure of the who, but they will start pursuing or signing starting next week.  The Steelers offer may be more appealing by then. Stay tuned.....

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, August4th said:

that Rickey dude tweeted out that aiyuk hasn't been at the niners facility after their latest offer was reportedly offered

also Aiyuk just liked a steelers fan IG story of him being in a steelers uniform

The saga continues....

2ctdjv.jpg

On 8/22/2024 at 8:07 AM, warfelg said:

None of it to me is annoying TBH. I think it's only annoying if you ever believed that one of the two extremes in the reports are a done deal.

Couldn’t agree more. The Aiyuk saga has been more entertaining to me than the recycled Fields vs Russ arguments. It’s actually be kind of fascinating watching the chess game between Lynch and Kahn and deciphering what is real vs not in all the reported leaks.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 8:07 AM, warfelg said:

I think it's only annoying if you ever believed that one of the two extremes in the reports are a done deal.

Or you understood from the beginning that most of these reports are usually either BS or smokescreens in negotiation tactics.   

Said it from the beginning...

I just dont see this happening.    Seems like alot of fluff and getting fans hopes up, but in the end methinks thats all it will ever be.

I found it annoying because Steelers "news" outlets and the Twitteratti jumped on every little piece of news and gossip they heard, so desperate for unearned clicks and attention, even though most of it was just a dog and pony show that never really brought us any closer than we were back during the draft when people speculated Aiyuk might be traded.

And when I say "annoying", I just mean during the very limited time Ive spent reading news on the matter over the last few months.   

If true the 49rs are ridiculous. It's like that guy in FF Leagues that keeps begging for a trade with unrealistic expected return. GMs have to be laughing at them at this point. 

https://x.com/Steelersdepot/status/1827056875436974518

*I originally read that as a 1st AND McLaurin. Still, a 1st is too much and it can't just 1:1 w/McLaurin. 

Edited by Chieferific

6 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

If true the 49rs are ridiculous. It's like that guy in FF Leagues that keeps begging for a trade with unrealistic expected return. GMs have to be laughing at them at this point. 

*I originally read that as a 1st AND McLaurin. Still, a 1st is too much and it can't just 1:1 w/McLaurin. 

My guess is they were just looking for anyone to drive the trade price up.

Just now, skywlker32 said:

My guess is they were just looking for anyone to drive the trade price up.

Agree but that was taking place a month ago. Now they start the process again. It comes across as desperate and laughable. Again, if true. 

14 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I got to imagine John Lynch is really destroying his credibility if a lot of this is true.  

If the reporting on this process is remotely true, I'm guessing he never had any credibility with other teams because this wouldn't be the first time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skywlker32 said:

If the reporting on this process is remotely true, I'm guessing he never had any credibility with other teams because this wouldn't be the first time.

Wasn’t he similarly absurd with Bosa and Deebo on demands. He really pulled one over on the Panthers for CMC. 

20 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I have a feeling McLauren will look better with Purdy than Aiyuk has, or at least roughly that same level.