Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Tough for the “this was never going to happen and was all fluff” crowd 

I don’t even care about that part. It just shows how much the Niners were basically playing games too. Having another GM on the phone and believing that it’s done just to go “oh hold on”.

28 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Tough for the “this was never going to happen and was all fluff” crowd 

Not really.  Probably tougher for those who got their hopes up for nothing.

Feels more like the 49ers got tired of the games and laid their cards down on the table which caught Aiyuk in the bluff. 

He never wanted to go anywhere else. He said as much. He also said he made it harder than it needed to be at the end.

When they were finally willing to ship him…he gave in. 

2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Feels more like the 49ers got tired of the games and laid their cards down on the table which caught Aiyuk in the bluff. 

He never wanted to go anywhere else. He said as much. He also said he made it harder than it needed to be at the end.

I can't remember who said that when all of this started

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

This. The whole "new story" imo, is for theatrics.  Seriously, "oh my God, look how dramatic of events this was". Who cares.

Would Aiyuk have improved our roster? Yes. At first I was all for it. But the longer it went on, the less interested I was with him being on our roster. I'm pretty satisfied of how this worked out. He went back to a team with a coach that will more than likely, never win a SB.

2 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

More BS.  The entire media needs to try and save face on all this.

Exactly. Idc what anyone says, Aiyuk used the Steelers, amongst other teams, to get the 49ers to fold and give him an overpay.  Ultimately, he is the one that folded it seems. Which is why Khan refused to increase the offer I'd guess, because while he might have been interested, he wasn't about to be baited into overpaying for a dude that never really wanted to leave the team he was on.