Potential Aiyuk Trade Talk

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I would hate to lose CA3 because I think he could be a really fun player. I wouldn't be heartbroken to lose Daniels. I'd do it for Aiyuk though. I really do think he'd be a perfect player for us. All those points @bigben07MVP made about Aiyuk's game stand for me. To the fans that say "WR isn't emphasized much in Smith's offense" I'd argue that WR wasn't emphasized on our team back when Ben was young, and yet we still had Plax/Ward or Holmes/Ward. I think Smith is smart enough to figure out how to use our weapons. 

The 2 alpha WR in an Arthur Smith scheme is only part of it for me. The $ is an issue and the resources used to land him are in issue for me. Also, Pickens seems like the type that will want to 1 up Aiyuk's contract when his turn comes around in a year or 2. I'm on board if we don't overinvest. 

It’s a day like today that really makes me hate what blogs have done to the news and what Elon did to Twitter. 

Every blog has a “trust me bro” source and every tweet comes from someone who paid for a blue check mark. 

Okay, I’m done being an old man yelling at a cloud now. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

It’s a day like today that really makes me hate what blogs have done to the news and what Elon did to Twitter. 

Every blog has a “trust me bro” source and every tweet comes from someone who paid for a blue check mark. 

You aren’t wrong. And aggregators are the worst when the post news that’s changed like an article 2-5 hours late and post it like it’s a real time update. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

🤣

https://x.com/ZPSteelers2/status/1820934330920669599

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

This is going to sound bad coming from the person who, just yesterday, said something about waiting for Schefty, but he’s a shell of his former self. He said we were out yesterday too. I’ll believe it when I see the NFL approve it lol

starting to think we won't have to trade that much Aiyuk. A 2nd and 5th might do it. it sounds like SF is ready to move on and Aiyuk only wants to come here. Khan knows this. This is being on the opposite end of the AB trade talks. Hopefully the end result is better for us than it was for Oakland.

Edited by August4th

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He would get the most money at NE so it is stunning that he would reject them.  Again, believe nothing twitter junk verse.

Unless he prioritizes winning. Pats got a way to go. Steelers "on paper" are much closer. It seems to me he's looking for the right combo of a lot of money, going to a consistent organization that has the ability to win now. Of all of the linked franchises (aside from SF) that leaves Pittsburgh. 

5 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Unless he prioritizes winning. Pats got a way to go. Steelers "on paper" are much closer. It seems to me he's looking for the right combo of a lot of money, going to a consistent organization that has the ability to win now. Of all of the linked franchises (aside from SF) that leaves Pittsburgh. 

If he prioritized winning he stays with SF.  No other team he goes to has a better chance to make it to a SB.

If what he is saying is true, it must be that he is either playing the 49'ers or that he wants to play for Mike Tomlin.

Edited by jebrick

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

If he prioritized winning he stays with SF.  No other team he goes to has a better chance to make it to a SB.

If what he is saying is true, it must be that he is either playing the 49'ers or that he wants to play for Mike Tomlin.

But he apparently wants more money than SF is willing to give. So, he looks to another franchise that is willing to come up on the money AND has a chance at winning. I'm sure wanting to play for Tomlin has a lot to do with it as well. 

22 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

But he apparently wants more money than SF is willing to give. So, he looks to another franchise that is willing to come up on the money AND has a chance at winning. I'm sure wanting to play for Tomlin has a lot to do with it as well. 

Then why not go to the Browns?  That is a playoff team that seems willing to pay him but he does not want to go there.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Then why not go to the Browns?  That is a playoff team that seems willing to pay him but he does not want to go there.

Seems willing to pay is a key part. Their cap needs so much maneuvering for next year to make that work. And now there's some rumors out there that the offer wasn't Cooper rather it was Elijah Moore and a 3rd. So they might not have been as close as some think.

And without any information on what they would offer or how they would offer it, there could be a lot of reasons. Maybe they aren't willing to meet his minimum he wants. Maybe they are off in guaranteed money.

Additionally there's a lot of rumors that Kyle Shanahan kinda expects guys to roll out of be eating, breathing, living football and be all business start to finish. Though a different branch, Kevin Stefanski is part of the Mike Shanahan coaching tree. (So is Author Smith). Stefanski (interestingly) was 27th in a players survey of coaches they would want to play for:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/02/28/nfl-coach-rankings-2024-players-survey-team-report/72778450007/

Edited by warfelg