2024 Fantasy Football General Discussion

NYRaider

On 9/7/2024 at 12:33 PM, Forge said:

I am against Barkley and Brown. 

I'm almost positive that I'm going to be the second highest scoring team of the week and be 0-1. 

Also against Joe Mixon....

Thankfully, he had a full on stars and scrubs performance. 

Barkley, AJ Brown, Joe Mixon? Offset by Mark Andrews, Joe Burrow, Marvin Harrison. 

He has the Cleveland Defense left and is up by 20. I have Breece Hall, George Kittle, Davante Adams and Aubrey to go

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Are you guys falling for the Likely hype? I have Pitts who is fools gold himself. What FAAB % would you be willing to spend on him?

Doesn’t give a specific answer to your FAAB question, but here’s what happened in my league…

I had him and currently have Andrews.  Hated carrying 2TEs, so offered either up to my league.  Was offered Chris Godwin straight up for Likely in a 0.5 PPR and I jumped on it. 

My personal take is that both will be viable moving forward as low end TE1s.   They’ll cannabalize each other and make both frustrating, At the moment MA is being left for dead and Likely is being overvalued   

Watching the game they had nearly the same snap count and MA was literally doubled (and tripled in a specific scenario) all game. Additionally, dude hasn’t practiced in quite a few weeks after the car wreck so the rust was expected. 

Likely was in the flats all day, and was Jacksons immediate check down for the most part.  in a vacuum I think I’d prefer Likely, as hes younger and has more upside, but glad to offload one of them for a valuable piece. 

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 10:41 PM, Forge said:

You guys are way too low on Mason as a handcuff tbh. CMC goes down, Mason is a top 10 RB at absolute worst and will probably be top 6 or 7ish just based on volume and TDs in that offense.

I'd have him no worse than #2, I think

Adam Sandler Adult Humor GIF

• Like 3

My WRs are chase, Jameson Williams, dj moore, Ridley, and cooper. Chase seems to be a given every week due to potential. Williams could be a breakout starter this year. 

I was high on Moore but after the first week not sure if he should be a starter till Caleb shows flashes, but Ridley and cooper don’t seem that high also.

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

As a Pitts owner, I want to offer him for Mark Andrews.

Selling high on Pitts and buying low on Andrews. Thoughts?

I would do this. I'm not in full panic mode on Andrews. He still ran a few more routes than likely and almost 40 in total. 

But I do not like the way cousins and that Atlanta offense looked. I don't think cousins is fully good to go

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I would do this. I'm not in full panic mode on Andrews. He still ran a few more routes than likely and almost 40 in total. 

But I do not like the way cousins and that Atlanta offense looked. I don't think cousins is fully good to go

I sent it but he said no. Wishful thinking of me as Andrews would have been a much higher selection for him. 

I am so stumped on how much FAAB % to bid on Likely. I think Andrews will rebound and Flowers is their WR1, however Likely should always have some sort of role in that O.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Waiver wire question. Is there any player worth burning #1 waiver priority on?

Likely is fine, but I have McBride already. 

Is Mason worth it? Playing the game of gambling on CMCs long-term health this season

I think Likely is a fine usage of a waiver claim, even with McBride.  The panic is real at TE this week.  Trade 1 of them. Worse case you have a viable flex player. 

I just got Chris Godwin in a straight up trade for Likely.