Jahan Dotson Traded to the Eagles

20 minutes ago, Danger said:

@Kiltman do you remember if he was more of a Z or a Y at Penn State? I'm drawing a blank right now.

Like others said, remember him mostly outside 

which personally works for me, love getting AJ and Devonta inside for a chunk of plays

Yeah we needed a competent real 3rd WR not a slot per se.

in reality AJ and devonta can occupy the slot if Dotson can be a real nfl WR

im glad howie realized Parris Campbell, John Ross, 2 mid round rookies weren’t going to cut it lol

hopefully Jalen gets blocked for though.

14 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Edit roughly 20% his draft year.  Played 2183 snaps between 2019-2021 and 350 were in the slot, so approximately 16% of the time lined up in the slot at Penn State.

Well given Kellen Moore usually puts his best WR in the slot Lamb, Allen, ect...., this actually makes sense. Especially if Smitty and AJ will be moving all over the formation and specifically used in the Slot like we all think. 

I'll assume he's better then Ross / Ngata / Campbell / Harris / Smith

So , it's an upgrade. Guess we'll see?

Already listed on the depth chart as #3....lol

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/phi

Edited by Nabbs4u

10 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

Yeah we needed a competent real 3rd WR not a slot per se.

in reality AJ and devonta can occupy the slot if Dotson can be a real nfl WR

im glad howie realized Parris Campbell, John Ross, 2 mid round rookies weren’t going to cut it lol

hopefully Jalen gets blocked for though.

Yep.  Campbell and Ross are as good as gone.  Wilson and Covey will obviously make the team.  Remains to be seen if Smith can do enough to make the team as the 6th WR or if they go with 5.

9 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Yep.  Campbell and Ross are as good as gone.  Wilson and Covey will obviously make the team.  Remains to be seen if Smith can do enough to make the team as the 6th WR or if they go with 5.

I think it's possible Ross or Campbell make the team. I'm personally hoping for John Ross if he has anywhere near the speed he came into the league with.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I think it's possible Ross or Campbell make the team. I'm personally hoping for John Ross if he has anywhere near the speed he came into the league with.

They won't.  I'd put money on it.

1 minute ago, CasperX22 said:

Also noteworthy:

80% outside 20% slot draft year

84% outside 16% slot 2019-2021 at Penn St

55% outside 45% slot last year in Washington for Dotson 

Will be interested to see how he is deployed.

I’m fine with him keeping an 80-20 split.

it can allow for goedert, devonta, AJ, saquon to all occupy slot with him.

53 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's better outside. He struggles in the slot. 

I'm specifically trying to remember how he was utilized at Penn State. I watched him a lot, but it's been a little bit. Want to know if he played in the slot, why he was more comfortable there in college, but it seems he was primarily outside there as well.

32 minutes ago, Danger said:

They are both gone. Campbell had to stay healthy and Ross is cooked as we already knew. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Put Smith on the IR for the year and roll with 5 WRs going into the season. Cut Campbell and Ross.

Who could have thought that the Eagles would want to bring in a no. 3 WR? What a surprise. 

Don’t love having to give up a 3rd rounder, but hopefully Dotson does good for us. He had a nice rookie year then seemed to take a step back in year 2. I will give it to him that he hasn’t really played with competent coaching and QB play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Pretty much agree here.

Disagree with all of that for the simple fact Campbell and Ross are cannon fodder and going to be cut.  The Eagles absolutely needed a WR3 and Dotson is cost controlled with 2 years left on his rookie deal+option for 5th year option.  I would've been fine with a deal for someone like Noah Brown too, but this provides cost certainty and good upside.

• Like 1