SLB: Luvu, Walker

MLB: Wagner, Pittman

WLB: Jamin Davis, Hampton

CB: Sanristil (slot in nickel), Forbes, Castro-Fields

CB: St. Juste, Davis, Noah I

SS: Chinn, Forrest, Owens 

FS: Martin, Reaves

(25)

Magee will be on IR with a designation to return.

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Cade York

P: Tress Way

LS: Tyler Ott

KR: Michael Wylie

PR: Jamison Crowder

PRACTICE SQUAD

Trace McSorely

Braeden Daniels

Mitchell Tinsley

Chris Rodriguez 

Kazmier Allen

Martavis Bryant

Julian Good-Jones

Cole Turner

Colson Yankoff

Jeremy McNichols

Percy Butler

Phil Mathis

Javonte Jean-Baptiste

Andre Jones

Benning Potoa’e

Chigozie Anusiem

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Man that OL is bad lol

Yeah man, hopefully we sign someone… anyone? 😂 

My latest thought on that is they may go with this group week 1 but if Lucas isn’t good enough then they’ll sign DJ Humphries for week 2. 

Edited by turtle28

I agree with the chart listed in OP, with the exception of S Butler & WR Tremayne.

Butler because, Hampton can fill that role at Safety, if necessary.I think Butler will be gone or on practice squad. I think Kaz Allen RB/WR/KR makes the team. They love him! Kingsbury compares him to Deebo Samuel. (Not coming from me....from Kliff Kingsbury)

Tremayne is tricky. He's a big dude & a rookie. But, I think they would rather have a veteran in the WR group. Possibly a legit #2 type talent. He will also go to practice squad.  🚨 Danger of getting snatched up, though.

Edited by aceinthehouse
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

As much as I would love it, I don't see Mariota getting released.

I think everyone on this forum derided the signing of Mariota and so far we all look correct.  I think at the very least we have to hold onto him in order to hope for a trade offer before the deadline after paying so much.  I have to think Hartman goes to IR and we keep all 3.  If Hartman plays tomorrow they got a problem.

@turtle28 Good work here.  Some tough decisions.  After cutting Jahan I just can't imagine a world where Allen doesn't make the WR squad. 

I can't imagine Mathis on the practice squad.  That one really depends on Newton.  But 4 DTs doesn't seem like enough.  

I think they have to sign Trent Scott immediately to the practice squad so they save room to pickup someone else.   

I mean they might want to do that with more players.  Our Waiver wire position is a powerful tool that they will no doubt want to use..  

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I think everyone on this forum derided the signing of Mariota and so far we all look correct.  I think at the very least we have to hold onto him in order to hope for a trade offer before the deadline after paying so much.  I have to think Hartman goes to IR and we keep all 3.  If Hartman plays tomorrow they got a problem.

@turtle28 Good work here.  Some tough decisions.  After cutting Jahan I just can't imagine a world where Allen doesn't make the WR squad. 

I can't imagine Mathis on the practice squad.  That one really depends on Newton.  But 4 DTs doesn't seem like enough.  

I think they have to sign Trent Scott immediately to the practice squad so they save room to pickup someone else.   

I mean they might want to do that with more players.  Our Waiver wire position is a powerful tool that they will no doubt want to use..  

Teams have traditionally carried 4DTs in a 4-3 D since the beginning of that kind of defense 50-60 years ago. We can hopefully put Mathis on the practice squad and if not, we’ll have Potoa’e on the practice squad to call up if Newton can't play week 1.  

How do they put Hartman on IR if he's back practicing now? 

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I agree with the chart listed in OP, with the exception of S Butler & WR Tremayne.

Butler because, Hampton can fill that role at Safety, if necessary.I think Butler will be gone or on practice squad. I think Kaz Allen RB/WR/KR makes the team. They love him! Kingsbury compares him to Deebo Samuel. (Not coming from me....from Kliff Kingsbury)

Tremayne is tricky. He's a big dude & a rookie. But, I think they would rather have a veteran in the WR group. Possibly a legit #2 type talent. He will also go to practice squad.  🚨 Danger of getting snatched up, though.

I put Butler on the practice squad. 

I also have Kaz Allen on the PS. I agree with Mason K from Twitter, they’ll want Brycen Tremane on the 53 man because of his size and he's a good coverage guy on special teams.

I agree about getting a vet WR but it just depends. I could see them signing Juju Smith-Schuster or Michael Thomas in week 2 if Dyami Brown doesn't play well week 1 vs the Bucs, but that's TBD.

Remember if a vet is on a roster in week 1 their salary is guaranteed but if you wait week 2 their salary isn't unless there's a signing bonus or something. At least I think that's true. I remember hearing or reading that several years ago as a reason we cut some veteran backups but then signed them back week 2.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I think DE Jean Baptiste makes the 53 and Hampton goes to the PS. I also think they carry 4 TEs and only 9 Oline 

Definitely possible and probably true. Do you think they keep Yankoff 😂 or Turner?

T. Ott 
T. Way
C. York

J. Daniels
J. Driskel 
S. Hartman

B. Robinson 
A. Ekeler 
M. Wiley
K. Allen

T. McLaurin 
D. Brown