The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

There’s no coaching or talent fix for a QB who stares down a blitz.  

The OL has 3 former pro bowlers paired with 2 other established starter quality players.  They’re a known entity.  

Same with the coaching staff.  KS helped the corpse of Joe Flacco win CPOY and Brissett look like a starter. If you can read a defense and make a throw, you can have success in his schemes.  Same with Dorsey. 

• Like 1

He’s really horrible. Our offensive line is horrible also but a lot of the pressures came from blitzes and a quarterbacks job is to see where it’s coming from and find the right guy to throw to. Now I’m not sure what is with the slow developing long routes downfield with the blocking we had, that part is on the coaching, but I’m sure there is some power given to the quarterback with some of these plays also. It’s pitiful.

Edited by NateDawg

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s really horrible. Our offensive line is horrible also but a lot of the pressures came from blitzes and a quarterbacks job is to see where it’s coming from and find the right guy to throw to. No, I’m not sure what is with the slow developing long routes downfield with the blocking we had, that part is on the coaching, but I’m sure there is some power given to the quarterback with some of these plays also. It’s pitiful.

I distinctly remember Stefanski crediting Watson and cooper for “drawing up a play in the sand” either last year or the year before that went for a TD based on a look they got coverage wise.  And that’s great.

This is the NFL and the QB is in year 8 and on a quarter billion dollar deal.  Every QB in that situation has the ability to audible.  

This isn’t a rookie QB.  It’s a vet on a veteran offense.  They need to be making these adjustments. A coach has to call the play before the defense declares personnel and alignment.  Ideally they’re putting you in a great spot, but when the defenses is doing something that’s not expected as part of the gameplan (blitzing) then the QB needs to be adjusting on the fly.

The ability to make those reads/calls/adjustments is a large part of why you pay a QB that kind of money.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So taking notes so far, I’ve got the following guys finally on the bandwagon:

@Navy @NateDawg @LETSGOBROWNIES @Rod Johnson @sdrawkcab321 @Thomas5737

Who else wants to join up? It’s not too late.

Vince Mcmahon Dancing GIF by WWE

I was willing to be patient and see if the scheme changes and such could bring something out in him, but they haven’t.  

If he needs an immaculately clean pocket, perfectly called game, great run game and a fantastic defense to win Im not sure what he brings to the table?

Plus, he’s rapey.  

• Like 2