The official Watson is WASHED, I told you so thread

MWil23

2 hours ago, Brownies17 said:

Been watching this forum for years and DeShauns ****ty *** play has finally made me start an account so that I could come on here and spout off nonsensical takes on how ****ty he is.  

You'll fit right in!

• Like 2

Browns forum is the most united in my memory of this place. 

Watsons is awful and overpaid. 

Coach of the year can't make him look good. 

He gets the offense that suits and he sucks. 

He has a legit no. 1 wr in cooper. 

He has a good tight end in njoku

The line is bad. He isn't helped by drips but, he isn't elevating anyone like a46 million dollar qb ought to.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2024 at 3:55 PM, Kiwibrown said:

Browns forum is the most united in my memory of this place. 

Watsons is awful and overpaid. 

Coach of the year can't make him look good. 

He gets the offense that suits and he sucks. 

He has a legit no. 1 wr in cooper. 

He has a good tight end in njoku

The line is bad. He isn't helped by drips but, he isn't elevating anyone like a46 million dollar qb ought to.

Also don't forget: He's a scumbag of a human being

24 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

Under 20 points and 200 yards for the fourth straight game, took a game losing sack on fourth down.

Writeup coming tomorrow 

Vince Mcmahon Laughing GIF by WWE

You and scrabble are like twins at this point with you trying too hard.

25 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

It’s kind of funny that Watsons best game after 3 years involved the offense scoring 10 points, not converting a third down after the first drive, and 176 passing yards

Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I watched the full game. This was one of Watsons top 3 games as a Brown. 

Yet the way you frame it is that it's Watson's fault as to why we lost.

We get it. You hate Watson. I don't like him either. But you're letting your hatred cloud your judgment.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yet the way you frame it is that it's Watson's fault as to why we lost.

We get it. You hate Watson. I don't like him either. But you're letting your hatred cloud your judgment.

I’m not blaming Watson

I’m laughing that this team is so devoid of talent and starved of resources to improve the team that even when he plays great (for his own standards) the offense is still absolutely terrible 

I’m not blaming Watson for today. I’m laughing about how awful this situation is, in every possible way. We suck everywhere.

• Like 1

I love the Berry fanboys refusing to blame Watson and blaming the state of the roster on his ineptitude while refusing to address the elephant in the room that Andrew Berry is the one who assembled this mess including Watson and the literal entire WR corps and OL minus Bitonio.

He was smart enough to resign the Sashi and Dorsey holdover pieces and drafted us Delpit, who has had one good year, JOK, who is a monster, and Emerson, who is pretty good but largely overrated by this forum, as evidenced by the abuse Danny Dimes and Nabers gave him.

Andrew Berry is absolutely horrible at drafting, cap management, and trades to date. Dude needed to go years ago.

Watson went out there and had a dropped pass INT, an 83 yard TD called back for a borderline at best hold, and had 2 other passes dropped, without getting much help from the running game and 0 whatsoever from the OL.

That said, he didn’t move the chains at all on third or fourth down the entire game after the first scripted Stefanski drive, he took a game losing fourth down sack instead of even chucking it up anywhere, and for the 4th game in a row put up under 20 points and under 200 yards, against one of the worst teams in the entire league.

Grade: B- to B: Daniel Jones level game manager, marked improvement from “Is he the reincarnation of Charlie Frye?”

• Like 1

I know our blocking isn’t anything to write home about but for what it’s worth, they are worse pass blocking than they are run blocking. So let’s get rid of whatever semblance of an offense we decided to go to with the Watson and get back to hoping for a balance with more single back. Shotgun stuff and building around Watson trying to make reasonably quick decisions is like the worst looking offense I can remember us running here. I said as much the past year or two. Our offense is ugly with this shotgun Watson crap.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2