53 Man Roster Cuts & Discussion.

GW21

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I think @N4L has said it quite a bit that it never makes any sense why the Ravens aren't in on Aiyuk

Yeah, this trade would make a ton of sense for them, but I guess the niners dont love the idea of potentially facing them in the superbowl? I mean, I get it, but he would be such an amazing fit for them considering they have not had a real X WR in a long time. They should be willing to pay the price, and Aiyuk should be willing to go there. 

Aiyuk did not mention baltimore as a preferred destination though (he listed SF, WSH, PIT only). 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't understand Patrick Taylor making the team, unless he's a good STs player.

Hufanga being activated from the PUP list is a bit of a surprise. Not sure he starts over Odum to start the season, but only a matter of time until he is starting opposite of Brown. 

We must have an outside move for TE.

Could easily be Saubert once we move Ambry or Incognito to IR.

1 minute ago, gridirongorilla said:

Question: Six rookies made the final 53 (for now) including Bethune, which is cool to see - is this a sign of potentially a really good draft, a lack of depth, or both? Neither?

Would say it says very little. We kept all the last two years and don't think many are remaining now. We might not play rookies a lot but we usually keep them around.

• Like 2

Keeping 7 WRs and 2 TEs makes me believe the BA for Sinnot and a 2nd trade I have proposed multiple times could come to fruition.  

Why the hell did we keep Ronnie Bell? He is very obviously not a guy. I guess he will be our PR? Which means, he will be active on gamedays.... gross. He would have cleared waivers. 100% would have cleared waivers. what the hell. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Wing is considered a backfield position.  I don't see many I form plays on real Sundays.  Maybe two per week, if that. 

Right, but my point. He can't function in the backfield (Willis). Specific to the blocking based on pre-season. I don't care if it's traditional I, off set or pro set. I'm not sure why you care? Does not seem like this is in his bag. Juice is a part time tight end, part time full back. If Willis can't handle the backfield portion of that, what he does as an actual tight end probably isn't good enough because I don't think he's a strong blocker there either, even if it got better (hard to say). 

**edit** 

Unless you think his ineptitude back there is specific to a traditional I set? 

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Keeping 7 WRs and 2 TEs makes me believe the BA for Sinnot and a 2nd trade I have proposed multiple times could come to fruition.  

Why the hell did we keep Ronnie Bell? He is very obviously not a guy. I guess he will be our PR? Which means, he will be active on gamedays.... gross. He would have cleared waivers. 100% would have cleared waivers. what the hell. 

Some weird choices. But we don't get to see practices for the most part, and I know Kyle really values those compared to preseason games. 

I just don't think Ronnie Bell is anything close to a natural receiver. 

• Like 1

Would have kept Kingston over Nick Zakejl, Graham over both DFF and Robinson. Also, I thought we could IR two players and still bring them back, did we just decide not to do this? 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Would have kept Kingston over Nick Zakejl, Graham over both DFF and Robinson. Also, I thought we could IR two players and still bring them back, did we just decide not to do this? 

We did with Davis. We didn't do it with Feliciano or Ambry yet according to Wagoner, which is weird. Not sure why they wouldn't take advantage of that 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

Problem is mostly it counts towards the 8 you can bring back. So going the old way gives a little more flexibility. We did do it with Kalia Davis though.

• Like 2