2024 Eagles regular season

You mean to tell me the guy who had 11.5 sacks over 46 (!!) college games played can't find success rushing the passer?! I will never understand how people watched Nolan Smith play and came to the conclusion that he was a first round pick and some people even suggested a top 10 pick?

Jordan Davis is a whole other story, he is just about worthless when he's out there. 

4 hours ago, Danger said:

The D-Line is a problem.

I don't know why the interior is not getting it done. The EDGE position we knew was shaky, especially against the run. But I have no idea why we just seem entirely anemic out there.

We haven't gotten a sack from an EDGE player is SIX straight games dating back to last season. SIX. That is terrible.

16 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I don't want to hear the "this team is too talented not to win x amount of games" ever again. It has been "this team might lose to anyone" for a while now and will be in the foreseeable future. 

"We need to know that ownership and the front office will change their ways before everything else." 

This is what I said on January 16th in the offseason thread. My biggest fear in the offseason was the FO double down on their philosophies about team building and coaching, and boy has it come to a head now. The decision to keep Sirianni and make us believe that Kellen Moore was going to come in and "significantly" change this offense was absolutely abysmal. The decision to hire Vic Fangio after seeing first hand proof that the NFL has completely figured out his scheme was borderline malpractice. 

I know im in the minority here on these forums and I get the "doom and gloom" posts that are for sure coming my way, but I think it needs to said. We all know Sirianni shouldnt be anywhere near this team, but I dont think Hurts is that guy either. I think the sooner they move on from Hurts the better it would be for the franchise moving forward. This is coming after Hurts actually had a decent game....FOR HIM. I could go on and on about his lack of progressions and his inability to run side to side and his turnovers......last night even after a decent game of his, I think ive seen enough from Jalen to know hes just not going to be good enough or consistent enough to lead a NFL offense back to a superbowl and win one. He is not Jalen from 2022 anymore. The rest of the NFL has figured him out. Ive never seen a player who has been portrayed as one of the best QBs in the league who also required so much talent around him on BOTH sides of the ball in order for him to have success. Its not sustainable and neither is his game. 183 passing yards is getting shut down in today's NFL. His 13 carries a game is not sustainable as hes going to get hurt just like he does every year, its only a matter of time.

As for this defense...I mean what is there to say that everyone doesnt already know? This Dline has to be one of the biggest collapses, failures.....whatever you want to call it....We have Three 1st round picks, two 3rd round picks, and a 4th round pick getting absolutely manhandled. We gave up our best pass rusher (and best defensive player for that matter) in exchange for Huff who doesnt even look like he belongs on a college team much less an NFL team. How far this Dline has fallen from the 2017 and 2022 days needs to be studied lol. Our linebackers (surprise!) are too small to attack or get off blocks and are getting ragdolled out there. Whats really bad about it is that no trade (even for Reddick) can fix these issues. Its the whole front 7 and its the whole scheme. The Eagles had their chance to change their philosophy on defense but instead doubled down and now we are seeing the results. They're in such a mess with the future of the Dline because most of them are on rookie deals. The decision to pay Sweat instead of Reddick was a massive failure which...we all knew it was, yet somehow the FO didnt. Milton Williams is on the final year of his rookie deal. Just thinking about the dline is a headache.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Last Stand said:

That’s disingenuous 

sweat is making like 10 million

reddick would be making 25-30

and our pass rush was just as bad last year with reddick 

We're going to be paying him till 2028 and he has a $16.4m cap hit next year. Point is though they should have always chosen Reddick over Sweat in the first place. Think most of this forum was in agreement that between the two of them, it was Sweat that we all wanted to get rid of, not Reddick.

Edited by UndyTaker