2024-25 College Football Thread

thrILL!

The BC win over FSU was slightly less surprising once I remembered that BC landed Bill O'Brien at HC after Halfley left for GB.  I don't love O'Brien as an NFL coach, but college is a different story.  Seems like he has a lot of personal ties in the BC area, so hopefully this ends up working out for everyone involved. 

Edited by Mazrimiv

20 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Florida State is the first team in the history of college football to lose to an unranked team as a top 10 team in two consecutive weeks.

To be fair though, this is only because they played that Week "0" game and there was not AP vote the following week. So they ride that preseason rank through two games. Obviously no one considered them a top 10 team after Georgia Tech. 

On another note these conference mergers are garbage!!

If you're going to move the old Pac 12 teams into the B1G, then the NCAA must force the B1G to drop the dead weights in there like Rutgers and Maryland.  I mean, why the hell are those two clown schools in the conference anyway?  They are win-nothing programs that don't do **** and are a stain on the conference.  KICK EM OUT!!!!  NOW!!!!

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Day just got a little better. Turn the TV on and Michigan is getting beat. Now, please baby Jesus, let's us get great news on Jordan Love later today. 

Except we want Texas to lose.  Michigan's gonna lose like 2-3 more games beyond today.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Except we want Texas to lose.  Michigan's gonna lose like 2-3 more games beyond today.

Who is we? Wisconsin fans? 

My two favorite teams are Notre Dame and whoever is playing Michigan. I live in Michigan, have for most of my life. MIchigan fans are the most arrogant *******s on the planet. 

I know, pretty rich coming from a Notre Dame fan. I'm aware of the irony. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

Who is we? Wisconsin fans? 

My two favorite teams are Notre Dame and whoever is playing Michigan. I live in Michigan, have for most of my life. MIchigan fans are the most arrogant *******s on the planet. 

I know, pretty rich coming from a Notre Dame fan. I'm aware of the irony. 

Michigan has a gauntlet of a schedule even after this week against Texas.  They've got USC (at home), Oregon (at home), and Ohio State (road).  If they don't lose more than 2 of those games, they're a playoff team.

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

That sounds like a you problem not a we problem.

LIS, Michigan is going to walk into 2-3 losses by their sheer schedule.  Texas got a full on welcome mat from the SEC with their cupcake conference schedule outside of Georgia.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, Michigan is going to walk into 2-3 losses by their sheer schedule.  Texas got a full on welcome mat from the SEC with their cupcake conference schedule outside of Georgia.

So.  That doesn't answer why "we" want Texas to lose.

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Day just got a little better. Turn the TV on and Michigan is getting beat. Now, please baby Jesus, let's us get great news on Jordan Love later today. 

I love it, I knew once Harbaugh left the building they were done.

Hopefully the Longhorns can keep it up