2024-25 College Football Thread

thrILL!

31 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

Almost nothing but bad games today, and while I am an Ohio State follower, I was hoping the Badgers would fare better than this.

Gonna have to wait a few more weeks for things to pick up it looks like.

I think the reports of Alabama's death may be a little bit premature.  They still have a huge draw and a booster side willing to pay.  They just changed coaches.  Unless the new coach is an idiot, and it doesn't appear that he is, they aren't going away any time soon.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think the reports of Alabama's death may be a little bit premature.  They still have a huge draw and a booster side willing to pay.  They just changed coaches.  Unless the new coach is an idiot, and it doesn't appear that he is, they aren't going away any time soon.

Yeah I mean, Saban built that program up for years and years, and unlike with Michigan where the whole crew that won the national championship just went poof gone, they still have players left there and others in the wings.

Guess for me I just was hoping Fickell might have Wisconsin a bit more built up and tougher competitive by now than he has.  Still might happen but just doesn't seem like it is fast enough.

So, what is the deal with Wisconsin? Are they a tier 3 school now with NIL? Do they have a bad coach? Do they just not pull the right recruits? 

Fan support doesn't seem lacking, when I have watched.  But the program seems to be falling or stagnating into that 8 to 6 win team that makes a bowl and flirts with the top 25 at points of the season.

41 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, what is the deal with Wisconsin? Are they a tier 3 school now with NIL? Do they have a bad coach? Do they just not pull the right recruits? 

Fan support doesn't seem lacking, when I have watched.  But the program seems to be falling or stagnating into that 8 to 6 win team that makes a bowl and flirts with the top 25 at points of the season.

I wonder the same thing. How much of it has to do with Fick and how much of it has to do with NIL? Cause it seems like the talent is degrading even in the position groups that used to be guarantees, and I’m not sure the Air Raid we were promised is even possible. 

Didn't feel this way when it happened, but in hindsight, it's looking like the Badgers made the wrong choice going with Fick over Leonhard.  At least with Leonhard the Badgers would have maintained their defense.  This current Badgers team doesn't do anything well.

• Like 1

The NIL trickle down effect for the fans has officially begun.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- In what's believed to be the first arrangement of its kind, Tennessee fans for all sports will be charged a 10% "talent fee" on tickets to help pay athletes as part of the new revenue-sharing plan set to begin in 2025.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bret Bielema now 4-0 at Illinois after winning at #22 Nebraska. Seems going to the SEC was an overstep for him. 

Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. both at home today. Supposed to be in mid to upper 90's. Yeesh.

It has been low-mid 90s and humid in St Louis all week.