GDT Week 1: Browns vs Cowboys

candyman93

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We are like the dude that is 30 years into a marraige with a lady who is legit crazy. 

Lol, do we know each other? I hit 30 years of marriage to a woman I have never loved, nor particularly liked, in a couple of months. Maybe all my years as a Browns fan prepped me for it :)

44 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Lol, do we know each other? I hit 30 years of marriage to a woman I have never loved, nor particularly liked, in a couple of months. Maybe all my years as a Browns fan prepped me for it :)

I feel for ya. 

Hope it's atleast average

Berry has severely dropped the ball at WR.

Need to take a sledgehammer to that position in the 2025 and 2026 draft.

Other than Jeudy, I bet none of the guys on our current 53 will be on the team in 2 years.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Berry has severely dropped the ball at WR.

Need to take a sledgehammer to that position in the 2025 and 2026 draft.

Other than Jeudy, I bet none of the guys on our current 53 will be on the team in 2 years.

Nah man.

Are we loaded at WR?  No, of course not.  But there’s plenty to work with out there ffs.

Amari and Njoku are pro bowlers and studs.  Moore and Jeudy are former top 35 picks. Tillman seems fine as a #4 option, as was DPJ. Christ David Bell has 3 TDs last season at the end of the year.

At some point the QB has to elevate the play of the receivers.  Ideally that happens before you hand them the GDP of a small nation, but certainly after.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He knows where those hands have been.

It just says a lot for arguably the most respected veteran who has seen a lot of dudes at that position to literally refuse help and push his hand away as he rolls over and picks himself up.

4 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Lol, literally every article and video I have watched is saying the same thing - Watson is trash, we need to pull the plug now, eat the dead money and play Jamis.

I mean, he looked this bad last year against PIT and rebounded to play well against some lesser defenses.

The next 4 weeks likely determine our season.  If we come out, go 4-0 against some winnable teams, Watson gets right, things start to gel, we’re off and running.

If he ****s the bed and we’re 2-3 or whatever, this season is toast. 

I have a feeling he will play just well enough against bad and mid teams to keep us from elite QB territory in the draft. 7-10 territory. Then he somehow convinces the FO (with help from his guaranteed salary) that the weapons he is working with are the problem. AB then trades another day 2 draft pick for another mid-level disgruntled WR in the offseason. 

Then year 4 the mask is off and everyone puts on their best shocked face with a revelation that Watson was never good here. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It just says a lot for arguably the most respected veteran who has seen a lot of dudes at that position to literally refuse help and push his hand away as he rolls over and picks himself up.

I think it says he’s frustrated, I don’t know that it means he’s frustrated at Watson specifically or especially.  

Drops, missed throws, missed blocks, lining up improperly, etc has got to be frustrating as hell. 

I think people are gonna see what they want to see to some degree on this.  They’ll apply their own context.

6 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I have a feeling he will play just well enough against bad and mid teams to keep us from elite QB territory in the draft. 7-10 territory. Then he somehow convinces the FO (with help from his guaranteed salary) that the weapons he is working with are the problem. AB then trades another day 2 draft pick for another mid-level disgruntled WR in the offseason. 

Then year 4 the mask is off and everyone puts on their best shocked face with a revelation that Watson was never good here. 

Unless we see a good bit of the play that made Watson a pro bowler and league passing leader this season, we don’t really have a choice but to start a succession plan this off-season.  Doesn’t have to be a top 5 pick or whatever, but get someone in here who has the traits the coaches like and let them start learning the system and league.

We’re boned as far as the contract either way.  The only way we have any leverage or flexibility is by having a second option at QB.

Plenty of teams have spend a first on a QB with the plan to sit them their entire rookie season and it’s worked out well in a number of instances.  In those cases they had a far better option than this current iteration of Watson as their starter too. No reason we can’t or shouldn’t.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Unless we see a good bit of the play that made Watson a pro bowler and league passing leader this season, we don’t really have a choice but to start a succession plan this off-season.  Doesn’t have to be a top 5 pick or whatever, but get someone in here who has the traits the coaches like and let them start learning the system and league.

We’re boned as far as the contract either way.  The only way we have any leverage or flexibility is by having a second option at QB.

Plenty of teams have spend a first on a QB with the plan to sit them their entire rookie season and it’s worked out well in a number of instances.  In those cases they had a far better option than this current iteration of Watson as their starter too. No reason we can’t or shouldn’t.

I hope that’s true. Unfortunately if they do start the succession plan I see Jimmy truckstop cleaning house.